1. Hey Oxidemod community!

Im Exel80, 21 Year old Finland guy.
    I found this forum ~2 year agon, but made my first plugin 2 day ago.

I have pretty big project, but dont know is it worth to do it. That's why i made this thread, to ask you opinion!
    My project is to make "Global Banning System". Yes, i got idea from mcbans.com & Enhanced Ban System.

Every server which use this system, share them bans to other server. If one server catch and global ban cheater/hacker, then they can't join to other servers which use this Global Banning System. Of course there will be Local and Global bans, more about those later.

My first name idea was OxideBans.org, but Wulf suggested a more generic name.
    So we also need think new name.

You don't have to worry about hosting large database or banlists. Only what you need is to upload plugin & register your server to get API key.

Main Features:
    • Going to support all Oxidemod games! (Rust, Rust Legacy, Hurtworld, 7 days to die, etc.)
    • Add own community (Server owner can add multiple server to own "community"/group)
    • Admin chat commands: /ban /tempban /mute /unmute /unban /kick
    • Local ban: Only banned at server/community/group
    • Global ban: Banned from all servers which use this system

Those are the MAIN features, i haven't planned this any further.
    As you can think, this cant work without dedicated host server and it cost.
    So what you think, should this cost per month or should i just delete this project and continue my others?

Thank you and sorry for long post.

2. rustdb all over again ^^

3. BanSync for Rust | Oxide sort of does that (you just need to share a single database).

A public and shared ban database is a bad idea, unless moderated really well (and moderating it well is almost impossible).

4. Okay, seems like there was this kind of system already?
    Sorry, i don't know that. I still want hear more opinions about it, before dump this project.

Seems pretty cool plugin.

There can be some kind of "rating" system for servers. Example if someone got global ban for no reason or "false alarm" server lost rating. And if rating is below 1, then they cant global ban anymore. Would that work?

Or local ban can be change to global ban can be only change by site moderators.

Last edited by a moderator: Aug 29, 2016
  5. How do you effectively determine whether a ban was given for no reason or a false alarm?
    How are site moderators supposed to determine whether a ban was legit?
    This is what I meant, it's almost impossible to moderate.

6. Wulf

Wulf Community Admin

Of it was just an angry admin. :p