1. I want to include a Rust build version number in my plugin save file, but I can't seem to find it in my references. Is this number accessible? If so where is it stored?
    Thanks

2. Wulf

Wulf Community Admin

You can get it from Oxide's API via server.Version or covalence.Server.Version, otherwise check the game's DLL using a decompiler or browsing our source on GitHub to see how our API gets it.

3. I'm don't see it in the Oxide API for Rust. I also don't see a server.Version any where in Oxide/Oxide.Core at develop · OxideMod/Oxide · GitHub
    I found covalence.IServer.Version, but the only reference to Version is
    Code:
    string Version { get; }

Just in case you missed it above. I also searched my references (which would include the game's DLL) and couldn't find it. I have been searching for the better part of 3 hours, I'm not asking because I'm lazy. I have looked and I can't find it.

4. Wulf

Wulf Community Admin

server.Version is for CovalencePlugin type plugins, covalence.Server.Version would be how you'd access it via RustPlugin type plugins. See Oxide/RustServer.cs at develop · OxideMod/Oxide · GitHub.

5. The only way to get the server version is to include covalence? I'm looking for where it is stored, and GitHub doesn't show the way server.Version gets that information. And it's not solved, because my original question hasn't been answered.

6. Wulf

Wulf Community Admin

No, you can use the methods I mentioned or see the link I linked that shows you how to get it directly from Rust. I've answered your question with 5 methods of getting the version as well as the protocol.

7. Sorry, I didn't see the link. It looked like regular text. Hopefully someone can get around to writing some sort of documentation for Oxide. Everything is so hard to find. Thank you.

8. Wulf

Wulf Community Admin

The Covalence API (the examples I gave you) isn't documented at all yet as it is still changing a good bit. The methods from Rust we do not document, but you can easily find those with a decompiler or looking through the source to see how we access it.