Solved Fire scares animals

Discussion in 'Plugin Requests' started by XsV=Tool, Jan 12, 2015.

1. I was interested in the idea where campfires and torches repel away wolves and bears. This can make traveling at night time safer and sleeping on foundations safer. So long as a campfire has plenty of wood in it on the foundation of a home it will have a radius wolves and bears cannot enter, same as the torch when held by a player.

This is to create a new dynamic of gameplay at night time in rust. I hope its possible because my server really needs it! plenty of players eaten in there sleep and while traveling at night time.

This can be made simple and compiled as a Zone Manager arguement alongside no pve kill message, but what will and can prevent the animal from crossing the radius them selves if possible. This would also be good as a player barrier zone where a player simply cannot go past a certain area as if a invisible wall exist while chat displays "you cannot enter"

more ideas to come on this but thats what I have right now.

update: rather then zones allowing god mod for pve with correct arguement, how about the campfires act as the trigger for the same no pve arguement, aswell as when torches are used?

Last edited by a moderator: Jan 12, 2015
  2. We cann't change animals AI

3. As per your request, I have created a plugin which functions somewhat similar to your description.

Code:
    PLUGIN.Title = "Fire scares Animals"
    PLUGIN.Description = "Animals get scared of fire if near to it."
    PLUGIN.Version = "v 1.5"
    PLUGIN.Author = "Alpha [FNG]"-- Plugin created by Alpha [FNG]. --
    -- /fire to toggle scaring procedure. --function PLUGIN:Init()
        print("Frie scares Animals v1.1 by Alpha [FNG] loaded.")    self:AddConsoleCommand( "fire", self.Scare_Animal()ID;..1.. )    beta = 1
    endfunction PLUGIN:FireScaresAnimals ( netuser )
        rust.SendChatToUser( netuser,"Use /fire gets aimals scared of fire." )
    end

Hope this helps you out mate :).

4. Erm r u serious? This wouldn't even load let alone do anything remotely like the OP requested.

5. Wulf

Wulf Community Admin

Experimental, not Legacy. ;)

6. I am still a newbie to the LUA world. Please don't expect much from me.
    [DOUBLEPOST=1421083956][/DOUBLEPOST]
    Thanks for clarifying.

7. Thanks for this please go ahead and upload it for legacy users as they might find great use from this plugin!
    But if anyone can make something like this for Experimental please do so,
    rather then zones allowing god mod for pve with correct arguement, how about the campfires act as the trigger for the same no pve arguement, aswell as when torches are used?

8. Wulf

Wulf Community Admin

Pretty sure that plugin doesn't actually work...

9. well I wouldn't know :p

10. Wulf

Wulf Community Admin

Either way, I don't think it's possible to do this at all with Experimental, that's why it's still Solved.

11. rgr, thanks for your insight on this plugin Wulf