1. Hello,
    where I can report oxide bugs?

Code:
    [Oxide] 00:39 [Error] Failed to call hook 'OnServerCommand' on plugin 'RustCore v1.0.0' (NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object)
    [Oxide] 00:39 [Debug]  at Oxide.Game.Rust.RustCore.OnServerCommand (.Arg arg) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
      at (wrapper managed-to-native) System.Reflection.MonoMethod:InternalInvoke (object,object[],System.Exception&)
      at System.Reflection.MonoMethod.Invoke (System.Object obj, BindingFlags invokeAttr, System.Reflection.Binder binder, System.Object[] parameters, System.Globalization.CultureInfo culture) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0 

2. Code:
    (15:04:08) | [Oxide] 15:07 [Error] Failed to call hook 'OnServerCommand' on plugin 'RustCore v1.0.0' (NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object)
    (15:04:08) | [Oxide] 15:07 [Debug] at Oxide.Game.Rust.RustCore.OnServerCommand (.Arg arg) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
    at (wrapper managed-to-native) System.Reflection.MonoMethod:InternalInvoke (object,object[],System.Exception&)
    at System.Reflection.MonoMethod.Invoke (System.Object obj, BindingFlags invokeAttr, System.Reflection.Binder binder, System.Object[] parameters, System.Globalization.CultureInfo culture) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0

Last edited by a moderator: Aug 26, 2016
  3. Wulf

Wulf Community Admin

Do either of you happen to know what command was used and who ran them?

4. I don't know what command it could be. When I restarted server and players were joining there was a lot of entries with this error in console.

5. Wulf

Wulf Community Admin

Could you upload your latest oxide/logs please?

6. Wulf

Wulf Community Admin

7. RustDedicated -batchmode +server.ip <ip> +port <port> +server.tickrate 30 +server.worldsize 4000 +server.saveinterval 600 +maxplayers 200 +rcon.ip <ip> +rcon.port <port> +rcon.password<pass> +server.seed <seed>
    I don't have access to the startup bat file.

8. Wulf

Wulf Community Admin

We should have a new build of Oxide available soon to test and see if it fixes the issue.

9. Updated my server this AM, got this message
    Code:
    [Oxide] 22:37 [Error] Failed to call hook 'OnServerCommand' on plugin 'RustCore v1.0.0' (NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object)
    [Oxide] 22:37 [Debug]   at Oxide.Core.Libraries.Covalence.ChatCommandHandler.HandleChatMessage (IPlayer player, System.String str) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0 
      at Oxide.Game.Rust.Libraries.Covalence.RustCommandSystem.HandleChatMessage (IPlayer player, System.String message) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0 
      at Oxide.Game.Rust.RustCore.OnServerCommand (.Arg arg) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0 

Whenever someone tries to use server commands in chat.

10. Same problems for me!!!

11. Wulf

Wulf Community Admin

Is your server running on Linux?

12. No, mine is Windows.

13. RustDedicated.exe for Windows on WINE64
    [DOUBLEPOST=1475709937][/DOUBLEPOST]When I downgrade to the version I DL'd on 09/27 it works fine.

14. I am seeing this issue also (after removing xp/user data/map update and restart) - some plugins appear to be working (rewards, Fancydrop), but unable to send commands from chat or rcon.
    Code:
    (09:00:28) | [Oxide] 09:00 [Error] Failed to call hook 'OnServerCommand' on plugin 'RustCore v1.0.0' (NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object)
    (09:00:28) | [Oxide] 09:00 [Debug]   at Oxide.Core.Libraries.Covalence.ChatCommandHandler.HandleChatMessage (IPlayer player, System.String str) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0 
      at Oxide.Game.Rust.Libraries.Covalence.RustCommandSystem.HandleChatMessage (IPlayer player, System.String message) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0 
      at Oxide.Game.Rust.RustCore.OnServerCommand (.Arg arg) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0 
    I have the same issue and I am using Linux

Last edited by a moderator: Oct 6, 2016
  15. Wulf

Wulf Community Admin

There's nothing different between the versions related to this, so not sure how that is possible.

16. Yup never had this issue, Happening to all the newest Oxide installs. Affecting commands too.

17. Wulf

Wulf Community Admin

Try the latest snapshot please, pretty sure I know the cause now and should already be fixed. It was only an issue with a single build from today.

18. I just realized after posting on thread my bad, I also had the same error this guy ad. Latest snapshot fixed it :)

19. [03/05/2017 18:34:27] Failed to call hook 'OnServerCommand' on plugin 'RustCore v2.0.3112' (NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object)
    [03/05/2017 18:34:49] Failed to call hook 'OnServerCommand' on plugin 'RustCore v2.0.3112' (NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object)
    [03/05/2017 19:22:16] Failed to call hook 'OnServerCommand' on plugin 'RustCore v2.0.3112' (NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object)
    [03/05/2017 19:22:17] Failed to call hook 'OnServerCommand' on plugin 'RustCore v2.0.3112' (NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object)
    [03/05/2017 19:22:18] Failed to call hook 'OnServerCommand' on plugin 'RustCore v2.0.3112' (NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object)
    [03/06/2017 14:31:20] Failed to call hook 'OnServerCommand' on plugin 'RustCore v2.0.3112' (NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object)