1. Has anyone made any progress on this at all?

I have the exact same problem. And I just refreshed the entire system.

Everything seems to work when the server first starts.

Then when I try and replace a mod with a new version or upload a new mod things go awry and I get this:

Code:
    (16:12:47) | User running server may not have access to all service files
    (16:12:47) | ApplicationName='LD_TRACE_LOADED_OBJECTS=1', CommandLine='/home/rustserver/serverfiles/CSharpCompiler.x86_x64', CurrentDirectory=''
    (16:12:47) | Error while compiling: compiler v0.0.0.0 was closed unexpectedly
    (16:12:47) | ApplicationName='LD_TRACE_LOADED_OBJECTS=1', CommandLine='/home/rustserver/serverfiles/CSharpCompiler.x86_x64', CurrentDirectory=''
    I've tried everything in this thread. Please help me.

2. Unfortunately I'm still running into the same issues. I've made sure the loaded shared objects are all able to be located and used, still with no luck.

3. @Wulf is there any way you could shed more light on this problem? I'm going on 2 months of running into this, and I've tried nearly every debugging attempt mentioned in threads here as well as my own. The problem only seems to be getting worse. Often times it's mitigated by a restart, but that only last for a brief period before happening again. There seems to be no rhyme or reason when it comes to which plugins trigger this behavior.

4. Wulf

Wulf Community Admin

Not really, we don't really know anything other than what has been mentioned previously. None of those who worked on the Linux build of the compiler have been able to reproduce the issue, which the same goes for Windows. For Linux, it the common causes of compiler issues are missing dependencies and permission issues on Linux. The only cases we've seen for Windows is security software interference or missing/corrupt dependencies.

5. Thanks @Wulf

Just a thought... does it seem like most/all of the instances of this have LGSM in common? In Linux scenarios, anyway.

6. Wulf

Wulf Community Admin

I'm not really familiar with LGSM personally, though it shouldn't be any different than other Linux setups.

7. FWIW, I think I tracked down the problem. In hindsight it should have been obvious.

I began watching my memory profile on the machine (minimally provisioned hardware @ 4GB RAM). Realized that once the server instance was up and warmed, there was about 19mb of memory free. My hunch is that as the compiler tried to run, there was no memory available which caused the compiler to disconnect on every subsequent attempt. I doubled the RAM on the machine and haven't seen the issue since. If I do, I'll report back. For now, anyone else who is running into this: run
    Code:
    free -m
    or
    Code:
    and check your memory usage!

8. It's not memory issue, I have free 2 GB ram after starting server, and still get when trying to reload plugin:

Code:
    (09:05:22) | User running server may not have access to all service files
    (09:05:22) | ApplicationName='LD_TRACE_LOADED_OBJECTS=1', CommandLine='/home/steam/Steam/server/CSharpCompiler.x86_x64', CurrentDirectory=''
    (09:05:22) | ApplicationName='LD_TRACE_LOADED_OBJECTS=1', CommandLine='/home/steam/Steam/server/CSharpCompiler.x86_x64', CurrentDirectory=''
    (09:05:22) | Error while compiling: compiler v0.0.0.0 was closed unexpectedly

9. Wulf

Wulf Community Admin

Do you have glibc installed with Linux?

10. Memory usage isn't necessarily the only cause of this issue, just one of them. You could be missing a dependency as mentioned before.

@Wulf suggested running LD_TRACE_LOADED_OBJECTS=1 ~/serverfiles/CSharpCompiler.x86_x64 in your shell to make sure they're all being satisfied.

11. Hi, sorry for reviving this thread... but I'm still having this issue and it's really causing problems lately.

I ran the trace, and all dependancies are installed...

rustserver@deb4lon01:~$ LD_TRACE_LOADED_OBJECTS=1 ~/serverfiles/CSharpCompiler.x86_x64
    linux-vdso.so.1 (0x00007ffc8dfb7000)
    libmonoboehm-2.0.so.1 => /usr/lib/libmonoboehm-2.0.so.1 (0x00007f18571f4000)
    libc.so.6 => /lib/x86_64-linux-gnu/libc.so.6 (0x00007f1856e55000)
    libm.so.6 => /lib/x86_64-linux-gnu/libm.so.6 (0x00007f1856b51000)
    librt.so.1 => /lib/x86_64-linux-gnu/librt.so.1 (0x00007f1856949000)
    libdl.so.2 => /lib/x86_64-linux-gnu/libdl.so.2 (0x00007f1856745000)
    libpthread.so.0 => /lib/x86_64-linux-gnu/libpthread.so.0 (0x00007f1856526000)
    libgcc_s.so.1 => /lib/x86_64-linux-gnu/libgcc_s.so.1 (0x00007f185630f000)
    /lib64/ld-linux-x86-64.so.2 (0x00007f18577d3000)
    rustserver@deb4lon01:~$

I'm no closer to discovering what the problem is, however my box does have only 4gb of ram, usage sits at around 3.4gb with the server running.

Any ideas?

12. Wulf

Wulf Community Admin

Which issue exactly? The same, exact error from the first post?

13. Yeah - restarting a plugin while the server is up, returns the aforementioned error every time. Occasionally when the server first starts I can successfully restart a plugin but it's very rare.

14. Sounds like a lack of memory to me. You could try monitoring CPU & mem usage while reloading a plugin using something like top to verify. The box I had this issue on in the past had 4gb of RAM. After resizing to something larger, I haven't run into this issue again.

15. @myles. You fixed it? Because i'm with the same trouble

16. I ended up moving over to Windows in the end, but I can confirm that when I had 8GB of RAM instead of 4GB I didn't see this problem.