1. i keep trying to download a rust server, but steam CMD keeps returning the error: Error! App '258550' state is 0x2 after update job."

any help on this issue would be appreciated, thanks in advance.

Here is a screenshot if the issue:
    https://i.gyazo.com/87b3d01ccd06ca11c195dc3df3ff2d73.png

2. Wulf

Wulf Community Admin

All you can really do is try again until it's a success.

3. i have been trying to do this for days now, and im still confused on what the issue is

4. Wulf

Wulf Community Admin

I'd check to make sure no firewalls or security software are interfering or blocking connections to Steam. Also make sure you have enough space where you are installing to.

5. i completely disabled the firewall and other software security, and its still returning the error

6. try app_update 258550 validate +quit
    see if that helps

7. same error as before

8. Have you talked to your host yet

9. Wulf

Wulf Community Admin

You disabled the Windows firewall?

10. yup, and the firewall for my internet
    [DOUBLEPOST=1493414392][/DOUBLEPOST]
    when you say host, do you mean my isp?

11. I mean whoever you are hosting the server from

12. im hosting the server myself

13. Might be best to delete the lot and start again you can save my_server_identity folder and everything in it. Or if you want I can build you the files and send them to you I will add a auto update script with it I find it easy for them updates

14. id rather figure out the issue and be able to get them myself, ive also tried to install a server on multiple computers, and still the same result, and google doesnt show anything about the issue

15. If same problem on other pcs then you are not building the server files right

16. Its best (i think) to download server update different files and empty place.there you can copy/ update that files where server runn.

17. hes a video of me trying to install the server, please tell me if im doing anything wrong, i remember doing this back last year, and it worked, so im confused why its not working now

18. the path is wrong the folder says server not rustserver if you have skype I can help
    the path you should type is
    force_install_dir "I:\server\server\"
    then
    app_update 258550 validate +quit
    You would be best to rename the Server folder to rustserver inside your I drive then type
    force_install_dir "I:\rustserver\server\"
    then
    app_update 258550 validate +quit

Last edited by a moderator: May 1, 2017
  19. just tried that, still no luck, my skype is asb19012

20. Did you ever get it fixed? I'm getting the same error now.