1. Could someone please help me managing my server plugins, I have recently bought a rust server but the plugins arn't working for me, i try and edit some in their configs and they revert back to default. I would love it if you could talk to me instead of chatting on here. Thank you

2. You have to reload the plugin after you change the config...

3. Yes i know that, I am just confused on all the plugins lol I have no experience with rust plugins. They are very sensitive and don't work if i mess up or they just reset

4. They are sensitive however if something's not functioning you'll see an error in console. Most of the time, it'll tell you what line it fails to read.

These two resources will help you:

.json checker: JSONLint - The JSON Validator.

Difference Checker: Diff Checker - What you can do with the difference checker is paste in the default config alongside yours and you'll be able to see what the issue is if anything.

You should also install this on your server:Updater | Oxide

As long as a plugin has a ResourceID, it'll check if the plugin is updated. Sometimes string names and other various things get changed, leading to plugins no longer functioning. If it doesn't have a resource id, then you'll have to check manually if it's a specific plugin that's not working.

Just an FYI, when editing, you need to obey the syntax, which looks like this:

{
    "ItemList": [
    "flare", // << comma after every row
    "supply.signal" // << NO comma for the last row
    ]
    }

Remember, everything will be case sensitive too.

Last edited by a moderator: Jan 15, 2017
  5. Upload any configs you have edited so it can be checked then will tell you where you messed up