1. How to disable skins on the server?

So that when you connect to the server, the player does not load skins

2. Wulf

Wulf Community Admin

Please use descriptive titles when posting new threads; "Skin" is not descriptive.

3. You can disable workshops skins by setting the value of `itemskins` to 0 (zero). This is however a client setting so you can't disable this from the server. You can however use a plugin that runs the itemskins command on the client when a player connects to the server.

4. Write to me, i help you(rus)

5. Was there another command before "itemskins" ? I run a july2016 branch server and we have console spam messages that induce a lot of lag. There is a way to fix client side, where you set graphics quality to 0 and put it back to where it was, but I'd like to fix server side. Someone on another thread suggested to disable items skins via a plugin (I run oxide), but I searched the API and didn't find how to implement. Could someone let me know if there are modders out there that have information on this ? I read the code of a couple of oxide plugins, and I feel confident I could write one, just don't know what commands to use.

Thanks, Frank

6. Did you ever find a solution?

7. No, not yet, I started setting things up for plugin development but I had too little time lately to look into it. I still want to do it, it's just a matter of time.