Solved Decompiling the Rust DLLs

Discussion in 'Rust Development' started by Kether!, Jun 26, 2015.

1. So I was reading a couple threads about how I can get the methods used in Rust, to call in my plugins.. I am new to rust and I really like the game, I have a lot to learn and I'm set on getting started on contributing possibly.. anyways.....they never stated specifically where the DLLs are located that I need to decompile. Are they rust server files, the game itself?

I'd like to make custom plugins for my server and I want to get started, the oxide documentation isn't enough... So what DLLs do I decompile and where can I find them?

2. Wulf

Wulf Community Admin

All relevant DLLs are located under RustDedicated_Data/Managed. Assembly-CSharp.dll is generally the main one to dig around in. You'd want the server one, not the client one, you aren't making plugins for the client. ;)

3. Alright! Thanks so much man I wasn't sure! :D

4. Not there for us Wulf...:( Any where else it would be?

5. Okay, so I shuffled over to RustDedicated_Data, went into Managed... and there is no .dll even in there...

6. Your server provider might be blocking access to these files. Google up SteamCMD + Rust, you'll find tutorials on how to download the Rust server files on your computer this way you'll have full access to all you need and you'll even be able to run a test server on your own machine for debugging purposes. I'd give you the file but it's a bit touchy legally, I wouldn't risk it, and I assume the whole Rust code isn't on here as documentation for the same reasons. Nothing illegal in decompiling, but beyond that, it's a grey area.

7. Nevermind, I just downloaded the dedicated
    Yeah man thanks! I'm already on it :D