1. I've run into a need to spawn entities that are there, (so I can do stuff with them and move them around and stuff) but don't have a prefab. Sorta like an empty standin for a prefab.

Is this possible? Am I misunderstanding the process?

Thank you in advance!

2. Every "entity" generally has a prefab. maybe if you describe what your trying to do a bit more i could help as i don't really understand your goal :p

3. I'm writing a plugin to implement Caretakers from an old Rust concept. Every body part of the Caretaker will be it's own entity to allow them to be procedurally generated and modular. I need an entity to act as a blank point in space without any behavior attached to it, so that I can access it's FixedUpdate method and do stuff like allowing the legs to align themselves on terrain, for example (without a preset configuration - meaning that no matter whether the Caretaker has 3 legs or 6 - they will act in tandem).

Thus far I've constructed the center mass part of the Caretaker, attached it to a dummy player (players have a nice looping "breathing" animation) and wrote some basic physics for it. I need to figure out the modularity now.

Attached Files:

4. hmm, idk, in the past I have had a short try at trying to use an empty gameobject but was unable to do so. You could just spawn a small entity like a lantern or something and use that

5. Thanks, I'll do that, I guess. Any idea what's the smallest entity (without disruptive behavior) that I can spawn?
    [DOUBLEPOST=1504270843][/DOUBLEPOST]Figured it out! A flair!