1. When I put the ipv4 adress inn the: (server ip adress:), it works. But when I put the public ip address in the: (server ip adress:) it doesn't work. And I get this error:

Couldn't create server on port 28016 (Startup Error)
    Couldn't Start Server.

I am just trying to make my server public. I have port forwarded. I have done the port thing on the firewall. And I have also tried changing the port to see if something else was running on it. But nothing works.

2. Wulf

Wulf Community Admin

The error is not from Oxide, it's from Rust and means that either the IP address you set is not local to that machine or you already have a server running on that port.

From what you said though, it sounds like you're trying to set your router's public IP as your machine's IP, which you cannot do. When behind a router, you need to either use 0.0.0.0 for the +server.ip and +rcon.ip or your machine's LAN IP such as 192.168.1.101 (example). Your machine does not have your public router IP assigned to it, so it can't do anything with it. Once you've set that up properly, make sure you have forwarded the ports you are using with your server to that machine's LAN IP on your router.

3. Thanks ;)