1. Hi,

I know, the topic already exists somewhere, I just did not want to necro a topic.

Anyway, I have this error "Couldn't create server on port 28015 (Startup Error)" with a lot of different configurations. I've tried to change the port, same error (yep, with the port 28015 in the error), I've also tried to check if something was using the ports I was testing, nothing came out. I've checked for another RustDedicated running on my machine, nothing.

And yes, I've also tested to run the server manually, without LGSM.

Any idea ?

Thanks

2. post what you have in your bat file and are you running this from a home pc

3. No it's on an Ubuntu server from Online.net and I use LGSM to launch the server. In the log file, the port is loaded correctly.

4. Talk to your host then

5. My host is me, Online.net is just a dedicated server provider

6. Still need to see the startup script

7. @Wulf will be better to help you he is the Linux guy

8. Wulf

Wulf Community Admin

I'm not that much of a Linux guy, I've never used LGSM. :p

9. I don't mean to intrude, but I have the same problem on Windows 10. I had the server running just yesterday, went to add in some rcon info to the batch file to try RustAdmin, cmd gave me the Startup Error, I decided to remove all the rcon info and I'm still receiving the error. No idea if my batch file is rubbish or not but it did work lol. I double checked my port forwarding didn't reset and restarted my computer after checking for duplicate tasks. Any other ideas?

echo off
    :start

cd rustds
    RustDedicated.exe -batchmode +server.hostname "Decent Valley 04/11" +server.ip 24.56.33.175 +server.port 28015 +server.identity "my_server" +server.seed 8008 -logFile "output.txt" -autoupdate
    cd ../

goto start

edit: added the batch file text if the download wasn't wanted.

Attached Files:

Last edited by a moderator: Apr 13, 2017
  10. Ok, I suck. Switched +server.ip to +server.ip 0.0.0.0 and it worked like a charm >.>

Hope that helps Exorion, good luck.

11. Wulf

Wulf Community Admin

If you are hosting behind a router, you can't use your external IP address with that; it'd be your LAN IP or 0.0.0.0, else not set.

I'm fairly certain the OP is using a paid, remote host that does not allow .bat usage. The host provides a control panel instead.

12. Well it surely does not allow a bat usage since it's a Linux server ahah.

And no, I have full access to the server, I have multiple other processes running with it like websites and bots, and I have multiple websites meaning multiple domain name, that's why I can't use 0.0.0.0, but thanks.

And go check Online.net, it's similar to OVH or any good Dedicated server really. It's actually a common name, any good sysadmin knows about it.

13. Wulf

Wulf Community Admin

Another good point. :p

14. i use for linux this start script
    All work greate
    Code:
    export LD_LIBRARY_PATH="./RustDedicated_Data/Plugins/x86_64" && ./RustDedicated -batchmode -nographics -logfile "gamelog.log" +server.identity "Server" +rcon.password "{RCon pass}" +server.ip {IP} +server.port {port} +rcon.ip {ip} +rcon.port {Rcon Port}