Rust Complex structure decay

Discussion in 'Plugin Requests' started by iShot, Apr 7, 2017.

1. Dear coders, community,

I'm willing to pay to have this plugin made, if interested in a quick buck. Contact me!

Recently I've been pulling my hair when it comes to structural decay of buildings. I've been looking far and wide for a solution but so far I've not found what I've been looking for.

Since I'm currently running a server with a month wipe cycle I need to be considerate of how many structures are active on the map. Once we reach around 200K structures the server stability deteriorates… I’ve upgraded the hardware of the server to something that should be overkill for Rust (or any Unity based game).

This is why I’m looking for a new solution, hoping someone will be willing to work on this with me.

The requirements (complex):

• When a cupboard is placed or the authorization list gets updated (by someone adding himself or someone wiping the authorization list) all people that are authorized get registered in a library.
    • Every set interval (configuration) the plugin checks all the cupboards, for every cupboard it checks if any of the authorized players are online. If one or more of them are online, nothing happens. However, if all players on the authorization list are offline, this cupboard and all structures in its range get added to an offline list with a timestamp.
    • If all players on a cupboard stay offline for 7 days (or a time configured in the settings) the items in the cupboards range begin to lose a set % of health each interval. (thus ‘decaying’)
    • All items that are not in the range of a cupboard always decay a set % (depending on the structure type, for example twig should decay faster than stone, should be able to configure this) until they are fully destroyed.

The requirements (simple):

• I want a plugin that decays buildings only if the players on the cupboards have been offline for longer than 7 days. Items outside of the cupboard range should always decay at a set % rate.
    • The decay should be configurable for each type of building material (twig faster than stone).
    • This would allow me to get rid of the bases of inactive single players or fully inactive groups without too much problems for players that actively play.

I've already tried to do this with Auto Purge for Rust | Oxide, but this plugin doesn't apply extra decay on structures that are outside of a building blocked zone, something I would really like to happen.

I’ve only recently found a plugin that party does what I want. The ‘Deekay’ plugin from the ‘website that should not be named’ does a big part of this already, however that plugin decays structures constantly, even when the players that are authorized on the cupboards are online. I would like to have something that provides a period of time before the decay starts happening on their building.

If I've somehow missed a plugin or a combination of plugins that would be able to provide me this exact same thing, please let me know, it would help me a lot!

Thanks in advance,

iShot

Last edited by a moderator: Apr 7, 2017