Universal Chat channels

Discussion in 'Plugin Requests' started by PaiN, Mar 28, 2015.

1. Ooh. Well I kinda do like the extra text chat. Maybe as something that can be chosen.
    I think it would be good if it could be set to another position maybe ? And size scaled?

2. So Laser, If you are working on Chat channels. Any ETA on when we will see it?

3. Right now Im not working on. I got a lot to do (private stuff) so I don't have much time, not even to fix my current plugins :/ when I got all that done, I can start doing this.

4. I'm well into making one, shouldn't be too much longer. :)

5. i would see more like an MMO RPG channel system:
    /1 => activate general chat
    /2 => activate commerce chat
    /say => activate local say chat
    /g => activate guild chat
    /leave 1 => leave general chat
    /leave 2 => leave commerce chat
    /join 1 => join general chat

etc

and /1 would be the default channel that people chat on.

6. Oh sweet, thank you Insane. I wanted to turn my server into a sort of RPG themed server with factions and faction battles. A trading city/neutral city and such. So i've been wanting something like a localized chat instead of just the default global chat but still being able to use both.

7. I based it on vox++'s post. Join, leave, etc. Is that what you are looking for?

8. Vox++'s idea could work. But could there be a option to allow for a radius on how far the chat goes instead of just being across the map. Like in a MMORPG you have chat channels like /s or /say which is hearable from a certain distance. Then you have /y or /yell which is heard from a longer distance, then there would be some sort of global chat like usual in rust that you could hear someone across the map. The MMO style of chat is what i was looking for myself. Basically like Reneb Said. Of course people could perhaps edit them to their liking and parhaps there could be a command to add other channels like Vox++ said other then those like /say and /yell etc..

Last edited by a moderator: Aug 7, 2015
  9. Here is a quick, very basic /local and /yell for you to try. It will be included in my chat channels plugin along with other features.

Last edited by a moderator: Aug 7, 2015
  10. Thanks i'll give it a try on my server, i'll let you know how it works.

Works good, found a fitting radius size for myself for Local and Yell, Local being 150, Yell being 50. I also made a Whisper and Say aswell. And changed commands to /l /w /s and /y. I hope you don't mind :) I'll even attach the file i changed. (These settings i created for my personal preferance for my server. P.S: You are great.

Last edited by a moderator: Apr 9, 2017
  11. I don't mind, glad you like it. It will be included in chat channels once it is done.

12. Sweet. i look forward to it. Great job with this though. Very simplistic and easy for use.

13. Hello,

I have a request for @LaserHydra , can you create a plugin for multiple chat areas.

Two orders, which would be used to toggle chat. (/chat en or /chat fr)
    If one is on the chat en, we do not see the messages of fr
    Adding a multichat.admin permission to be able to / admin chat and to access the chatroom reserved for the team.
    It is possible to create it?

Thanks you so much

14. up please

15. Chat Channels for Rust | Oxide

If i'm not mistaken with this it is possible to create several diferent chanel with code or not , and if touch a little code you may be using to do is you want ;)

16. Yes this plugin, but for Hurtworld

17. Well. im looking for a long time now for a plugin like that . there was at some point a plugin on oxide that had chat channels in it . was a general chat handler. but not C# and now eather unmaintained or deleted. Had cool features, room creation. switching global off if you want, passwords . and even for admins the option to force players into channels.

would still love something like that .

ATM we "just" got a small additional channel for other languages. but a bigger plugin with more options ....in C# would be awesome..

Edit: Found it in my Backup Archives if someone can make use of it.

Last edited by a moderator: Apr 9, 2017
  18. Wulf

Wulf Community Admin

19. If someone would like to do this, that would be grand :>