Solved Changing server map?

Discussion in 'Rust Discussion' started by Nark0t1k, Jun 24, 2015.

1. Hi !

I'm coming here because i have some question about the map ^^

- My first one was is it possible to change the map (in Rust Experimental ofc)?

It's seem to see 2 map in the Rust's setup folder

- Second question was about the size of map, we can change this but was is the defaut size?

How can i change this ? (new setting in .bat ? or new information in userconfig ?)

Thanks for help :)

2. you can change the map yes just add this to you cmd line +server.seed "pick a number from 2000 to 2147483647" +server.worldsize "pick a number from 2000 to 6000"

and map line up is Procedural Map & HapisIsland

to change map in your start up in your cmd line you will need to change server.level to one of the 2 like in the example

Heres an Examples

RustDedicated.exe -batchmode +server.hostname "hostname" +server.port 00001 +rcon.port 0002 +rcon.password "...?..." +server.level "HapisIsland"

RustDedicated.exe -batchmode +server.hostname "hostname" +server.port 00001 +rcon.port 0002 +rcon.password "...?..." +server.level "Procedural Map" -server.worldsize 2000 +server.seed 2000

+server.level "HapisIsland"
    with this map you dont need to have "-server.worldsize 2000 +server.seed 2000 in your cmd line"
    +server.level "Procedural Map" with this one you do see the example above

3. Thanks for information that really nice!

What's the difference between HapisIsland and Procedural Map ?

4. Hapis Island is the old Rust map but with a bit more eyes candy and one size fits all, as for Procedural map well you can customize the size of the map and seed size to fit your needs ..

5. Thanks i have all information i need!

Nice job!

6. I'm a new server Admin and ever since I started I've pretty much had the same map even though there has been 3 wipes. I'd really like to know how to change my procedural map to have a new map generate. I think it has something to do with the seed. Below is a snip from my config file through My.GameServers.com

server.level "Procedural Map" +server.seed 1888931 +server.maxplayers 100 +server.hostname "Novas Modded 10x Gather Wiped 10/13/15"

Do I just change the server.seed? If so what can I change it to? Also, can I change the World Size? Mine is currently at 4000

7. Wulf

Wulf Community Admin

You don't need to set the map if you are using Procedural Map as it's default. To change what it looks like, you can change the seed and/or the size.

The seed used to generate the procedural level. Should be between -2147483647 and 2147483647.

If you'd like to see what some of the seeds look like, take a look at Rust:IO Map Gallery.