1. I have a personal server with oxide installed. I made myself owner and moderator. I have been reading other posts but have been unsuccessful in finding a solution to this issue. I have also tried using this command (oxide.grant group admin adminspawn.all) and (oxide.grant group admin ownerspawn.all) in game using the F1 prompt but am getting an error message. I am also NOT using RCON. Here is the link to my error messages (Imgur: The most awesome images on the Internet). Any help would be appreciated.

Attached Files:

2. Wulf

Wulf Community Admin

You are not set as owner with Rust if you cannot use the 'oxide.grant' or 'grant' command from Oxide.

In terms of the Admin Spawn plugin, you do not need to that to be able to spawn items from the F1 menu.

3. Is the Admin Spawn Plugin something that has to be added additionally to installing Oxide? Kind of new to this.

4. Wulf

Wulf Community Admin

No, it's a plugin (not maintained anymore either) for removing the admin give messages and adds permissions for give commands. You do not need it in order to spawn items as owner in Rust.

5. When i open the F1, move to the "Items" tab and click any item it doesn't spawn. It literally does nothing. I have added myself in the server as owner (ownerid <steamid> "Tim" "Owner") and if i go into rustserver>server>my_server_identity>cfg>users it shows the exact (ownerid <steamid> "Tim" "Owner"). Soooo I am a bit confused whats holding the "spawning" back for me. Might it have anything to do with "anticheat" or "autoupdate" ?

6. Wulf

Wulf Community Admin

Remove the Admin Spawn plugin, and make sure that you've quit and rejoined the server since adding yourself as owner.

7. Where and how do i remove the plugin? If i go rustserver>server>my_server_identity>oxide>plugins the folder is empty. I don't know if I just cant see the plugins or maybe I am not looking in the right place.

8. Wulf

Wulf Community Admin

Ah, so you were just trying to grant permissions randomly... okay.

If you can't use F1 items in general, you aren't owner still. Could you show me the exact contents of your users.cfg file please? Also, did you quit and rejoin as I suggested?

9. Yes, I definitely have exited and restarted the server. I also made sure to save myself as the owner using (server.writecfg) after typing the ownerid. Here is a screenshot of my users file. Also, accidentally erased a few numbers of my steamid in paint. Sorry.

Attached Files:

10. Wulf

Wulf Community Admin

And what do you see when you try to use the F1 item menu?

11. Normal. When I click any of the 4 options (bp, Arm, 100, 1k) for the item nothing happens.

Attached Files:

12. Wulf

Wulf Community Admin

And does your server console or logs show anything?

13. The console System tab?

Attached Files:

14. Wulf

Wulf Community Admin

Server console, not your client console. RCON would also work, but the server logs would be best.

15. Looks good I think.
    [DOUBLEPOST=1487616768][/DOUBLEPOST]Log

Attached Files:

16. I added oxide after I created the server and had a little play time on it. Would that make an difference on usage of the "Items" tab in F1? I don't even want all of the added features at this point. I only want the ability to spawn items into the game for convenience.

17. Wulf

Wulf Community Admin

Oxide does not control your ability to spawn items via the F1 tab. The only way you'd not be able to spawn items is if you either have a plugin such as Admin Spawn (you aren't) that is preventing you from doing so because of lacking permissions, or if you are not properly setup as an owner with Rust yet. When you connect to your server, it will show in the console if you are "auth level 2", which means you are properly setup as an owner.

18. So i dont even need oxide then?

19. Wulf

Wulf Community Admin

To spawn items? No, Rust has that ability.

20. It doesn't work though and I cant figure out why. I guess i'm to noob for this haha.