1. I'm running a server with oxide(up to date) and when i use the /grant user 76561198085796652 *
    command to grant a user(myself) all permission in game, im not allowed to use noclip, i can't revoke the permission. and if i try using /show user 76561198085796652 my chat gets filled with blank space. I can spawn and have every plugin permission but still cant noclip. any clue on a fix? same happens if i add the "*" permission to group admin

SS of chat when doing show user or show group:
    Gyazo - acb23564d50c70d08ddea2b98d9f2b69.jpg

SS of console after i grant myself the permission "*" then try to revoke it: [​IMG]
    Gyazo - e21d79e5a3d7a3a46055b694e031681b.png

2. ownerid 76561198085796652
    noclip is not basedon permissions

3. Wulf

Wulf Community Admin

As mentioned, noclip is a client-side setting with no permissions. Rust commands do not have Oxide permissions either.

The wildcard method you used with * will not work for revoking, and I'd suggest not blindly granting all permissions like that.

The noclip functionality is Rust comes from being auth level 2 in Rust only. There are plugins to fake it, but I'd be careful.

4. @Wulf @HOUGAN_Y I am set to ownerid. when i join in console it says i have authlevel 2

5. Wulf

Wulf Community Admin

Then you'd have access to noclip; just bind it to a key via console command.

bind n noclip

6. that's the thing. i have it bound to l the exact same way. i also cant use god in console but if i wipe the userdata files i have it all. its something to do with me granting the wildcard *

7. Wulf

Wulf Community Admin

Oxide and plugins have no control over noclip and the native god settings in Rust's client, that's all Rust.

8. Yeah I understand that but still granting that wildcard * messed with it for both players who have ownerid on the server. i wiped these files ( [​IMG]
    Gyazo - 1b621d00ec15bf934d31aec0f8400904.png )

and reset the server and re-gave myself ownerid (ownerid 76561198085796652 Carlos admin) <-- typed into console, wrote server.writecfg after. and i relogged. console says i joined with authlevel 2 and i'm able to noclip, change server time, change god to true or false, but now i can't spawn :(

9. Wulf

Wulf Community Admin

The ownerid doesn't have anything to do with what you are trying to use or do with permissions, so I'm not sure what you have going on.

10. well everything is fixed now except the fact that ownerid doesnt allow f1 spawning for some reason. it says i lack permissions

11. Wulf

Wulf Community Admin

That would sound like you have the RemoveAAA plugin installed with those permissions granted, which blocks the item giving commands sent to the server. This is different than the native "noclip" and "god" settings, which are client-side and never sent to the server so to the server has no control over them. An example of why blindly granting permissions is not a good thing. ;)

12. ok that makes alot of sense. thank you so much for explaining all of this to me and helping +1 to you.