1. Is this a bug or something? I used to be able to craft a maximum of 9999 at a time but now everytime it goes back to 500 max. On modded servers this is pretty annoying cause you have to click alot to craft all your animal fat and cloth into low grade.

2. I'm having the same problem, but it's not just low grade fuel. Everything used to craft at a max rate of 999, now c4 is 10 at a time, bullets are 128 at a time Etc... It's almost like it defaulted back to Vanilla rates. Anyone got any ideas? And, yes goldie, this is a problem on a modded server.

3. pdr

pdr

OMG, guys, do u even know, what forum search is? There are decent threads existing, why make another one? This were set by FP, nothing to do with this, until they remember, that there are not only vanilla, but modded servers are in rust. Only way to go 4 now is just to make an alternative craft system either gui or chat.

4. If its LG or GP thats really bugging you and your using insta craft look up Magic Craft, It will craft max stacks in litterally 1 sec. so 500lg or 1k gp in 1 sec

5. Thanks Razor, but there's apparently a problem with Magic Craft also. It must be in the last Rust update. I'm guessing that's what pdr was trying to say. Although not very clearly!

6. at the moment it looks like we all are going to have to suffer this and go back to vanilla setting for crafting.
    It feels like this game seems to take 1 step forward and 5 steps backwards at times.

7. pdr

pdr

What isn't clear for You, guys? FP is Facepunch btw, lulz. Take a look at The Compound Update line called "Crafting queue crash exploit". This is clear a.f. FP does not care about modded servers community at all. Big dissapointment.

8. What I was saying is they can craft a items max stack in 1 sec with magic craft. I know that magic craft cant go above an items max stacks crafting. Its been said many times by FP that they dont give to FFFFfssss about the modded community (Thoe Im pretty sure the modded player base outnumbers vanilla).

9. Well its on every server now. Maybe we should all file bug reports to facepunch

10. Ok, we're getting a little of the main subject here. It doesn't matter which forum you use or weather FP likes modded servers or not. I always look to this forum first when having a problem with a plug in. You never know if someone else has the same problem and another person has a cure for it. That's why I replied to goldie's original post. Same problem with crafting amounts. Tom and Razor have ALWAYS been very helpful with problems in the past and I do appreciate their help. We'll just have to wait and see if the Oxide Devs can find a work around.

11. pdr

pdr

Until RUST devs change it* There's NO other way but just to w8. Or make another craft system, which I mentioned earlier. U can actually mark thread as "Not an issue"

12. it is an issue though

13. But not an Oxide issue

14. Yeah true but we can discuss about Rust stuff too right?

Since we all play modded and this is something thats relevant for mostly us. If you post this on the Rust Steam discussion board the idiots dont even know what you mean because they only play vanilla and dont understand why you would need to craft more than 500 low grade at a time

15. But this isnt anything anyone on Oxide can fix so you can cry here all you want but unless a dev wants to make a whole new crafting system theres no point in bitching about spilt milk.

16. But what is the alternative then? Just accept it?

Cause this made the game so much more annoying and now you spend about half your time clicking in the craft menu.

I wish they cared more about modded but maybe hopefully someone can make a plugin that brings it back maybe

17. @goldie yes just accept it or talk to the people at FP. I run a 3x server and there isnt any issues... Now I know there are people who run 50x, 2500x and even 1000000x gather servers... 50 and 2500 shouldnt be too bad as using Magic Craft to instantly craft the max stack of any item shouldnt take too long. I understand it may be very annoying and server owners/players are going to complain but there is nothing oxide can do

18. You can now only queue up to the amount the item can be stacked to (vanilla rates) to prevent server performance exploits.

19. be honest its not the crafting that causes server performance issues.Its the limititations of the unity engine
    As for exploits that means they been there since the beginning of rust so why has it taken so long for them to fix it ?

20. @tomhud It's common for small things like this to go unnoticed mainly for the reason of the very few who know about it aren't willing to tell anyone to avoid it being patched. I wouldn't say this is a Unity issue either I think it's more so just an optimization issue for Rust in general.

In short, the exploit was when someone queued multiple stacks and canceled them all at the same time. This causes the server to refund all of the resources for every single stack and without these queue limits, players would be able to do it as many times as they want to. Eventually, it'll stall the server and for most of them with potato hosting it'd result in a crash almost every time. The same thing with the old map exploit, it really only affected servers on potatoes.