1. Ok for some reason after i updated to the new oxide ...i cant connect to RustAdmin at all.........i have even asked a friend of mine to try and he cant either. My host is looking into it but does it have something to do with the new commands we must use? Does Rust admin need to be updated?

2. Wulf

Wulf Community Admin

Oxide's commands nave no relation to RCON. The command changes are only related to the commands used to manage plugins and their permissions.

The first thing you'd want to check is to see how your RCON is setup, if you are using Oxide's RCON protocol (same as Rust's legacy protocol, ie. rcon.web 0), and what your RCON client supports. None of this has changed though, so you may want to check your setup.

3. 1) Is your rcon port opened through the firewall?
    2) Did you input the correct information to RCON?
    3) Is your rcon set to "1" for webcron?
    4) Does your rcon password contain ambiguous characters or symbols?

4. It was working all day and it just disconnected and i still cant connect. very strange.......... ive checked all my settings 3-4 times.......even with host looking at it...........and rebooted server and my computer..........changed PW and still nothing .......and its not just my computer, my Dev cant connect using it and neither can my host tech people.

Server is up.......seems to be running fine.......... but cant connect using rustadmin ...lol any ideas?
    [DOUBLEPOST=1507750165][/DOUBLEPOST]Removed generic commands to avoid conflicts with games (ie. load, reload, grant) The non-prefixed commands removed conflicted with some game commands, so additional aliases were added to avoid confusion and make them more unique. The oxide.* prefixed commands still remain (ex. oxide.reload) Added o.* prefixed commands as a short variant to oxide.* commands (ex. o.reload, perm.grant, etc.) Added plugin.* and perm.* as prefixes to plugin and permission commands (ex. plugin.unload, perm.revoke, etc.) [Rust] Patched for October 9th update (build 1660, protocol 2022.152.1) [Unturned] Patched for version 3.20.8.0 update

Does this mean that , RustAdmin is outdated??

5. Code:
    10/11/2017 12:40:36] at Oxide.Plugins.ImageLibrary.AddImage (System.String url, System.String imageName, UInt64 imageId) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
    at Oxide.Plugins.ImageLibrary.DirectCallHook (System.String name, System.Object& ret, System.Object[] args) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
    at Oxide.Plugins.CSharpPlugin.InvokeMethod (Oxide.Core.Plugins.HookMethod method, System.Object[] args) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
    at Oxide.Core.Plugins.CSPlugin.OnCallHook (System.String name, System.Object[] args) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
    at Oxide.Core.Plugins.Plugin.CallHook (System.String hook, System.Object[] args) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
    [10/11/2017 12:40:36] at Oxide.Plugins.AbsolutGifts.AddImage (System.String url, System.String shortname, UInt64 skin) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
    at Oxide.Plugins.AbsolutGifts.LoadImages () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
    at Oxide.Plugins.AbsolutGifts.OnServerInitialized () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
    at Oxide.Plugins.AbsolutGifts.DirectCallHook (System.String name, System.Object& ret, System.Object[] args) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
    at Oxide.Plugins.CSharpPlugin.InvokeMethod (Oxide.Core.Plugins.HookMethod method, System.Object[] args) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
    at Oxide.Core.Plugins.CSPlugin.OnCallHook (System.String name, System.Object[] args) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
    at Oxide.Core.Plugins.Plugin.CallHook (System.String hook, System.Object[] args) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
    [10/11/2017 12:40:36] at Oxide.Plugins.ImageLibrary.AddImage (System.String url, System.String imageName, UInt64 imageId) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
    at Oxide.Plugins.ImageLibrary.DirectCallHook (System.String name, System.Object& ret, System.Object[] args) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
    [10/11/2017 12:40:36] at Oxide.Plugins.ImageLibrary.AddImage (System.String url, System.String imageName, UInt64 imageId) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
    again this all started right after we updated the oxide .........so ? help pretty please? >)

6. Wulf

Wulf Community Admin

Those are plugin errors from ImageLibrary and AbsoluteGifts, not related to RCON. If you have an issue with that plugin, please use its support thread.

7. Provide your rcon settings portion of your rustserver conf/batch excluding sensitive data of course.

Last edited by a moderator: Oct 11, 2017