1. pdr

pdr

Hello, everyone.
    I need help from some skilled c# developers, who's working with Rust GUI. If there are any function in Unity, that I could use for bluring some areas on the player's screen (Like when player opens his inventory)? I wanted to make such background for plugins on my serv (zlevels, infopanel, other stuff). I'll appreciate any help.

2. Wulf

Wulf Community Admin

It wouldn't be for Unity, it'd be using the Rust CUI. You'd basically overlay an image over the parts you want using Rust's CUI (Oxide provides a helper so direct JSON isn't needed) and adjust the alpha/transparency of the image. If you'd like examples of the CUI, there are a few threads with some as well as quite a few plugins that make use of it (ie. InfoPanel) in the Rust Plugins section.

3. pdr

pdr

I have knowledge about CUI, but I need EXACTLY the blur option... Like DOF, or smth, but only in specifyed areas.

4. Wulf

Wulf Community Admin

That'd be the alpha/transparency, which you can set with the 4th part of the color options.

5. pdr

pdr

Oh, seems like I expressed wrong, sorry. I need to blur the game (3d objects, rendered with client's engine).
    There are images below to help You undestand what I wanted to do.
    2017-07-10 18-34-28 Скриншот экрана.png 2017-07-10 18-34-53 Скриншот экрана.png

6. My guess is you would need to just overlay a transparent blur image over the area you want blurred.
    Photoshop or googling transparent blur overlay should be able to get you in the right direction. If I am reading what you want right :)
    maybe. just a thought.

7. pdr

pdr

But it won't be dynamic blur... If I understood You right...
    My original question was about "if there some function in Unity engine that I could use to apply depth of field on specifyc area on user's screen."

UPD. Ok, just answer, if i can call usual DOF through server? (And if possible - give me name of dll, that contains this func.) I'll try to figure out it myself. Anyway - thanks for trying to help me=)

Last edited by a moderator: Jul 11, 2017
  8. Correct, it would be more of a static blur overlay on the area of screen it covers.
    As for a dynamic visual blur effect you can place over the screen or even objects. I don't think that is currently possible. That I know of.

9. pdr

pdr

That's what i wanted to figure out, it's impossible. Thanks for Your help, thread solved.

10. Just something to note. Looking thru the Assembly-CSharp.dll, searching for blur with a decompiler, comes up with a built in Blur Manager, blur texture, material and other stuff.
    Could be the same effect used to blur the private parts of players. Not sure if it can even be applied to other things I have never used it. just some FYI

11. pdr

pdr

Thanks, i'll try to find out if this could be called from server, and then maybe i'll rewrite infopanel interface.

UPD. Inspecting Assembly-CSharp... Found many "*blur*" types, will try to get use of them.

Last edited by a moderator: Jul 11, 2017
  12. omg, this is sprite, search sprites in rust
    [DOUBLEPOST=1499765569][/DOUBLEPOST]or material

13. pdr

pdr

Looks like ya don't rly understand what we're talkin' 'bout. Read da posts above. (Sry ma gangsta' english xD)

14. Wulf

Wulf Community Admin

He's saying that you could use one of the material sprites from Rust directly instead of your own image.

15. pdr

pdr

I don't know any materials in rust, which makes image blurred... It's offtop.
    UPD. I said before - problem solved, tnx everyone for help, i'll keep inspecting assmbly-csharp.dll, and, if i find way to call blur functions from server - i'll make a plugin, or just attach patched version of info panel and zlevels to their's forum pages.