1. Hey, so I've recently tried the Ufilter with little to success. My main accomplishment is just to rid super toxic/racist words from my server and there are very easy ways to get around ufilters word checking methods. Such as adding a symbol or even a space after the word.

With all that said I just want a Plugin that can read/check for words that can't be said in chat by using simple a bypass like a symbol or spacing each character apart.

2. Detecting words and replacing them with something else is easy. Detecting if a bad word is spaced out is a bit more difficult. You'd probably either have to build a large array of illegal words or check every time someone adds a space which most likely will cause some lag.

3. Hmm. Trying to eliminate lag would counter my plan. Maybe I can make Profanity filter or Ufilter work if i just double its dictionary with words including spaces. I have an old combolist maker/editor where it's easy to make long lists and edit them all at once

4. Wulf

Wulf Community Admin

Yeah, there's not really a good way to easily account for spaces without affecting more good words. You also have to consider that there are many words that are good that include bad words, take "ass" for instance... MANY words have that in it. This is something that can be improved in the existing plugins though, there isn't really a need to make another.