Solved Berry picking

Discussion in 'Plugin Requests' started by Phoenix Renegade, Jul 21, 2017.

1. Hello,

I don't know if something like this has been pitched before, and frankly I would be surprised if it hasn't, however, figured I'd give it a shot anyway.

So, the idea is that there are bushes all over the maps of the Rust Islands. Would it be possible for someone to make a mod where a player walks up to a bush, presses a key, and it searches that bush for berries. With a success percentage of getting blackberries or blueberries and (maybe, a stretch) a cooldown on the bush before it can be picked again.

I feel these items are underused. My server, for example, has a higher level of metabolism. so, players are constantly trying to obtain food. Berries are good for thirst, which is harder to keep up. Just curious if anyone has ideas or if another mod took care of this. I mean, I compared it to the fishing mod. You use a spear or crossbow to hit water and you'd obtain a fish on a success percentage. I'd imagine the idea is the same. But, I don't know much at all about coding, so... I could be way off base here. Just an idea I figure I'd throw out there.

If the idea of the fishing mod could be reworked for berry picking essentially, is what I am getting at. If an item is needed to collect berries, perhaps something like the bucket or the small wooden crate (as if it was a crate/pint of berries). Just ideas to see if anything sparks inspiration.

Thanks for your time in reading this!

2. sounds like a good idea.

3. So, I am going to up the ante on this plugin, since a lot of the users on my server think this would be an awesome idea. I am willing to PAY to make this plugin happen. Amount depending on the quality of the plugin. I am not certain if I would make sure a plugin public yet though. Thanks!

4. I attempted this a while ago and afaik there was no accurate and consistent way of doing this... however, this was a while ago so things may have changed.

5. Hm... Okay. Hopefully someone has an idea. I have barely any coding knowledge, so I am not pretending to know ANYTHING about what it would take to make this happen. I wonder how the fishing plugin does this then. On the surface, it sounds very similar. Use something to interact with the environment and you get something out of it n times out of 100 or whatever. I wish I had the time and knowledge to do coding myself to do this kind of thing. lol

6. It is a great idea as it adds another survival mechanic to the game. I hope someone can work this out. Would need to make the amount of berries found very limited as berries are pretty op at the mo. but a neat idea non-the-less

7. Thanks. Yeah, I was thinking like 1 in most cases per bush, maybe 2... or 2 in the green parts of the map and 1 in the arctic per bush...

8. WOW. That actually is a nicer way to implement it. I do like that. I wish it would be picked up by the player automatically, but it certainly does meet the ending requirement. I am going to use it right away!

9. Glad to hear