Solved Automatic plugin updater?

Discussion in 'Rust Discussion' started by Memesiss, May 25, 2017.

1. Is there a plugin or .exe or something I can run that will automatically update my plugins on my server?

2. Wulf

Wulf Community Admin

There are multiple. Check the Extensions and Tools sections.

3. Is there one you suggest? I use a server host so I dont know how to run a .exe in my plguin folder

Last edited by a moderator: May 25, 2017
  4. Wulf

Wulf Community Admin

I've not used any of them, but likely the only option for you would be the Catalyst if you don't have server access to run an exe. Some of the exe options may offer FTP uploading though.

5. Ive used PluginUpdater Tool ----> Plugin Updater (Windows) for Rust | Oxide

Cons:
    - some plugins that are updated have breaking config file changes, so auto updating the plugin may break/reset the config file
    - some plugins do not have a ResourceID so you arent able to check for updates for those plugins (but most plugins seem to have a ResourceID)

6. Hows that work on a FTP without .exe access though?

7. Is there any sort of start up script or script in general you have access to?
    Otherwise youll have to find another server provider, Id suggest getting one where you have full access and can remote desktop in.

8. No idea if there is, i used bluefangsolutions they currently are looking at it and might put it into effect for me so i can ask them to run it whenever needed