Solved Auto server restart

Discussion in 'Plugin Requests' started by My Name is Jeff, Dec 12, 2016.

1. Hi, I was wondering if there was a plugin that would restart the server at like 5am and 5pm and it would save the server before it restarts. Thanks I am using Rust Legacy by the way.

2. Wulf

Wulf Community Admin

A plugin could shut it down, but you'd need an external script to start it again.

3. so do you think there is a program I can get to auto restart it or a script you could make to do restarts?

4. Wulf

Wulf Community Admin

Oxide includes example scripts to automatically start the server after it has been shutdown, you'd need need something to handle the timed shutdown such as the Timed Execute plugin (universal). Timed Execute | Oxide

5. Is you put a timmed server.quit
    and you run some Batch like this, will autoRestart:

echo.
    echo Restarting server...
    echo.
    goto start

6. Wulf

Wulf Community Admin

You'd need more than that. The examples included with Oxide are complete examples.

7. yes right

the complete thing is a loop back to start

Code:
    @echo off
    cls
    :start
    echo Starting server...RustDedicated.exe -batchmode -nographics +server.ip 0.0.0.0 +rcon.ip 0.0.0.0 +server.port 28019 +rcon.port 28020 +rcon.password "pass" +server.maxplayers 75 +server.hostname "test" +server.identity "TEST_SRV" +server.level "Procedural Map" +server.seed 191 +server.worldsize 1000 +server.saveinterval 1000 +server.globalchat true +server.description "test" +server.headerimage "" +server.url ""echo.
    echo Restarting server...
    echo.
    goto start
    as you said the example on Oxide already have this configured