1. Pac

Pac

Hey there,

me and my friends played RoK for a kinda long time, now with the Alpha 13 i decided to jump ahead and build a new server with Oxide. However, now, there seems to be interference; some of my friends are having problems joining my server. It always says something like "Steam-Authentification failed", and my console too says that they "kicked that player" because he couldnt.. yeah, authenticate, or something like that.

So, is there any way to disable this process? Or is it impossible because it has nothing to do with Oxide itself? Am i dumb and missed a thread about it? I'd like to get some help =)

Greetings, Arki.

(BTW, iam using 3 Plugins; Information Announcer, Killed By Notifications and Whisper. I noticed that the Information Announcer Plugin Config, that is created when the first serverstart occurs, says something about "ConnectionSettings". However, disabling this plugin or setting the specific line to "false" didnt change a thing. And additionally, i am well aware about the danger of disabling EAC :p)

2. In your config file there is a setting:

Code:
    steamAuthTimeout = ''   # The amount of time before the steam authentication fails when a player connects.

Increase the amount of time the server waits before it gives up on authenticating. I set mine to 300. You can set it longer if you like.

3. Pac

Pac

Thanks for the fast help.
    Unfortunatly, increasing the amount to "30000" or setting it to "-1" didnt change the problem :( They still cant even join the server.

//EDIT: I'm absolutly not into all this coding stuff, but maybe, it has something to do with the "OnUserApprove(ConnectionLoginData data"-Hook?

Last edited by a moderator: May 26, 2015
  4. Can you paste the full debug of the connection please?

5. Pac

Pac

Where do i find this debug?

6. Debug logs should be in the /logs folder. Find where your friends are connecting and post their connections. Usually it has their steam id's or usernames. There's many things that could be happening.

7. Pac

Pac

Code:
    [150525-104139] [Error]  9999999999 has null AuthenticationKey!
        EACIntegration.RegisterUser()
        EACIntegration.OnPlayerLogin()
        CodeHatch.Networking.Events.Subscription+<CreateSubscription>c__AnonStorey196`1[[CodeHatch.Networking.Events.Players.PlayerLoginEvent, Assembly-CSharp, Version=0.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=null]].<>m__50()
        CodeHatch.Networking.Events.SubscriptionList.HandleEvent()
        CodeHatch.Networking.Events.EventManager.HandleEvent()
        CodeHatch.Networking.Events.EventManager.CallEvent()
        CodeHatch.Engine.Networking.CoreServer.OnConnectionRequest()
        CodeHatch.Networking.Events.Subscription+<CreateSubscription>c__AnonStorey196`1[[CodeHatch.Engine.Networking.Events.ConnectionRequestEvent, Assembly-CSharp, Version=0.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=null]].<>m__50()
        CodeHatch.Networking.Events.EventManager.HandleEvent()
        CodeHatch.Networking.Events.EventManager.CallEvent()
        CodeHatch.Engine.Networking.uLinkCallbackWrapper.uLink_OnServerInitialized()
        UnityEngine.GameObject.SendMessage()
        #=qIH3LrRu2hFdRPHz67eWlXY8GYaSr67xbKUzykSia6Kc=.#=q60kVJ4y9$c$yeshQWzn_5g==()
        #=qxqIxPNvyO_RVUS9w9UcdJW__R6wDod$ez1JGgnpJRoc=.#=qwaJzESfpdtc5RnpVFmbrOw==()
        #=qSN9v5pA7nqipW_Ada_76n440nYlh9PNN4$$1HQZW0Ps=.#=qZ_2Xc4I22d5V$9jPhY5C_20o4w$AuFnJ1XbSHfF4Edw=()
        #=qSN9v5pA7nqipW_Ada_76n440nYlh9PNN4$$1HQZW0Ps=.#=qnroQoEBprYhjUXs2E0M1l0JqMLA$YjJssQQElKLkzVM=()
        uLink.Network.InitializeServer()
        CodeHatch.Engine.Networking.CoreServer.Run()
        CodeHatch.Engine.Networking.CoreServer.BeginLoad()
        CodeHatch.Core.ProgressLoader.LoadNext()
        CodeHatch.Core.ProgressLoader.BeginLoad()
        CodeHatch.Engine.Core.Gaming.Game.BeginLoading()
        CodeHatch.Engine.Core.Gaming.Game.New()
        CodeHatch.Engine.Core.Gaming.Game.StartGameIfLoadSceneFirst()
        CodeHatch.Engine.Core.Gaming.Game+<OnLevelWasLoaded>c__Iterator58.MoveNext()

Last edited by a moderator: May 26, 2015
  8. Tell your friends to stop using hacked clients.

9. Wulf

Wulf Community Admin

I don't think there is a way to disable VAC/EAC on the server. Oxide doesn't do anything with VAC/EAC though.

Those are typical RoK messages/debugging, not actual errors. The 9999999999 is actually the server itself.

10. Pac

Pac

Thx for the replies ^^
    Hacked clients? Like in, they use cheats and stuff?.. well, we dont really hack, but i know that creating a normal server works fine for me. The problems just occur when using the Oxide-version.

11. Wulf

Wulf Community Admin

Are you using any plugins at all?

12. Pac

Pac

Yes, i wrote that in my first post =)

13. Wulf

Wulf Community Admin

Have you tried without those plugins?

14. Pac

Pac

Yep, was no good. I guess im just gonna have to stick to the original, or wait until steam/the devs fix it