Solved Airdrop mod?

Discussion in 'Hurtworld Discussion' started by TruxDeadnitro, Sep 12, 2016.

1. Hello people from hurtworld
    I though this plugin is funy and mabye more funyer then the metor plugin idk
    So I saw it on steam someone uploaded and yeah that person said you've to find it on steam workshop but if someone can explain or find it to me or for me well then be my guest because I cant find it at all

2. Wulf

Wulf Community Admin

So you're looking for an airdrop plugin? I doubt it'd be on the Steam workshop, the Steam workshop is for physical mods, not Oxide plugins.

3. well if you can make it happen for oxide aswell that will be awsome

4. Wulf

Wulf Community Admin

It'd only be possible as a plugin if the models and entities existed in both the client and server already.

5. Which I guess is why this item exists: Steam Workshop :: Rigidbody Example
    If only there were some additional info...

6. I'm sorry, but this video does not prove the possibility?

p.s. this link i got from steam

7. Wulf

Wulf Community Admin

Discussing plugin vs. workshop mod, nobody ever said it wasn't possible as a mod. ;)

8. True but if I even can't find the thing that i need on the steam workshop then that person shouln'd post it on steam anyways

9. Wulf

Wulf Community Admin

What? It was posted above in a link.

10. In the comments of that map, the creator states that the effect is only visible to the host, which echoes what cowtrix and people with more knowledge about host/client packages and stuff like that have been saying here and there in private chats and such. The mapmakers just screwed up uploading it to the workshop - because he had some cool creative ideas he wanted to realize and there isn't any real info available that states how things work.. Once a .map has been loaded it is a *static* thing. any moving parts or functions that upddates every x frames will not look the same for different players. Server controlled movements or interactions (effects baked into the .map) will not work very well, unless they are uploaded to the workshop as a .mod and controlled through oxide, which acts as the glue between server/client events.

That rigidbody example that cowtrix posted without *any* documentation/tutorial/info/use-example is such an object I guess.
    I would think anyone with oxide scripting skills would be able to write a function that spawns this item x50 at some specified coordinates, such as a mountain hill. At a specified "servertime". They would then spawn* on all the client's machines at the same "client/server time".. Rolling down the hill with their rigidbodies and create a rather cool avalanche effect, perhaps they could also have a script added to the collider that drains player health on interaction.

I guess.