1. SkinN õ.Õ'.|. updated Welcome Messages with a new update entry:

v2.0.3 | Minor Fix

[DOUBLEPOST=1457697184][/DOUBLEPOST]
    Sorry for my mistake, should be working fine now.

2. says failed to compile when i first loaded the plugin any thoughts?>?

3. Hi,

The plugin has loaded successfully but the /help command in the chat doesn't work.
    system return "unknow command" message
    I read this in log file :
    Console: WelcomeMessage.cs(52,17): warning CS0162: Unreachable code detected
    Oxide log has no errors
    could to be the cause ?( Im admin , serverstatus works )

Last edited by a moderator: Apr 5, 2016
  4. Wulf

Wulf Community Admin

This plugin doesn't provide a /help command that I know of. The other thing is just a warning, not an error.

5. Hi Wulf ,

Code:
    "Messages": [
        "<size=17><silver>Welcome <lime>{player}<end><end></size>",
        "<silver><orange><size=20>•</size><end> Type <orange>/help<end> for all ava$
        "<silver><orange><size=20>•</size><end> Be respectful to other players.<end$
      ]

maybe it is only a message

6. Wulf

Wulf Community Admin

That's just a message, the plugin doesn't provide the command. You'd need a plugin such as HelpText.

7. Thanks Wulf

8. This plugin breaks chat for like the first minute if you try to change the colors or font size.

9. Wulf

Wulf Community Admin

It's not the plugin, it's the client and Unity engine. Any chat plugin that uses excess amounts of formatting and text at once will cause the bug.

10. But I literally just change the color on the plugin and font and then the chat becomes HTML>

11. Wulf

Wulf Community Admin

If the HTML shows in the chat, that means a tag isn't being closed or is being split between lines, also not an issue with the plugin itself but something that needs to be fixed on the client.

12. All the tag's were closed we were messing around with it 20 different ways for like an hour almost try yourself and see.

13. Wulf

Wulf Community Admin

I've seen it before, it's not a new issue, but it's still something that needs to be fixed on the client with how it handles Unity's styling.

14. Alright I don't know how this could happen but I'm just busy with this like a month right now and I don't know how to slove this issue,
    So I have just search here on this Welcome message page and I found alot of changes so I want to know which I should use.

Would it be this one
    Code:
    {
      "MESSAGES": [
        "Message #1",
        "Message #2",
        "Message #3",
      ]
    }
    \

Or this new Welcomemessage.py plugin
    http://oxidemod.org/attachments/welcomemessages-py.15578

Or should I stay with the old one that I'm useing at the moment
    Code:
    {
        "<size=17><silver>Welcome <blue>{player}<end></size>",
        "<silver><orange><size=20>•</size><end> Welcome on the Dutch Orders Sever",
        "<silver><orange><size=20>•</size><end> Enjoy your stay and have fun.<end>",
        "<silver><orange><size=20>•</size><end> Type <orange>/help<end> for all available commands.<end>",
        "<silver><orange><size=20>•</size><end> We're Recomend you, to take a look on the /help command.<end>"
      ]
    }

With this old WelcomeMessage.json I'll get this error when a player is connecting the server

Attached Files:

15. try this:

{
    "<silver><orange><size=20>•</size><end> Welcome on the Dutch Orders Server.<end>",
    "<silver><orange><size=20>•</size><end> Enjoy your stay and have fun.<end>",
    "<silver><orange><size=20>•</size><end> Type <orange>/help<end> for all available commands.<end>",
    "<silver><orange><size=20>•</size><end> We Recommend you, to take a look on the /help command.<end>"
    ]
    }

16. Both these messages are missing <end> tags:
    Code:
        "<silver><orange><size=20>•</size><end> Welcome on the Dutch Orders Sever",
    Fix:
    Code:
    "<size=17><silver>Welcome<end> <blue>{player}<end></size>",
        "<silver><orange><size=20>•</size><end> Welcome on the Dutch Orders Sever<end>",

17. does this file not have a .json to config?

18. It have just go to your oxide folder and then config folder it should be there

19. Not working plugin WelcomeMessage . Please help ! The developers make this plugin work please
    [DOUBLEPOST=1471425675][/DOUBLEPOST]Сам Джон файл плагина и папки ошибка Джон не загружается в конфиги

20. Post your WelcomeMessage.json and lets see what is wrong with it.
    Or place the error code on here