1. /reload <plugin>

2. Code:
    8:23 AM [Error] Failed to call hook 'OnPlayerConnected' on plugin 'welcomemessages v1.0.2'
    Traceback (most recent call last):
      File "welcomemessages.py", line 90, in OnPlayerConnected
      File "welcomemessages.py", line 70, in tell
    RuntimeError: Failed to call OnPlayerConnected (ArgumentTypeException: expected NetworkPlayer, got NoneType)
      at Microsoft.Scripting.Interpreter.ThrowInstruction.Run (Microsoft.Scripting.Interpreter.InterpretedFrame frame) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
      at Microsoft.Scripting.Interpreter.Interpreter.Run (Microsoft.Scripting.Interpreter.InterpretedFrame frame) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 15, 2015
  3. Code:
    9:04 PM [Error] Failed to call hook 'OnPlayerConnected' on plugin 'welcomemessages v1.0.2'
    RuntimeError: Failed to call OnPlayerConnected (ArgumentTypeException: expected NetworkPlayer, got NoneType)
      at Microsoft.Scripting.Interpreter.ThrowInstruction.Run (Microsoft.Scripting.Interpreter.InterpretedFrame frame) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
      at Microsoft.Scripting.Interpreter.Interpreter.Run (Microsoft.Scripting.Interpreter.InterpretedFrame frame) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0 
    ??

4. When a player connects with Welcome Messages loaded:
    Code:
    [Oxide] 8:21 AM [Error] Failed to call hook 'OnPlayerConnected' on
    memessages v1.0.2'
    RuntimeError: Failed to call OnPlayerConnected (ArgumentTypeExcept
    NetworkPlayer, got NoneType)
      at Microsoft.Scripting.Interpreter.ThrowInstruction.Run (Microso
    nterpreter.InterpretedFrame frame) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>
      at Microsoft.Scripting.Interpreter.Interpreter.Run (Microsoft.Sc
    reter.InterpretedFrame frame) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0

5. i delet and instal is dont work again :/

6. I got the same problem

7. Thanks, but it doesn't work in console or chat.

8. Wulf

Wulf Community Admin

You'd need to be set as admin on your server. Add 'addadmin yoursteamid' in your startup script or autoexec.cfg.

9. so just uninstall this plugin till its fixed?

10. doesn't work

11. SkinN õ.Õ'.|. updated Welcome Messages with a new update entry:

Welcome Messages | Messages Error Fix!

[DOUBLEPOST=1450310689][/DOUBLEPOST]Sorry for the late update guys. I hope its working now.
    [DOUBLEPOST=1450312389][/DOUBLEPOST]Any feedback on this would be appreciated though, thanks in advance. :)

12. It still causes the chat to break and show all the color tags and such. (v1.0.3)

13. I cannot solve that, and as much as many may say the other plugins don't break the chat actually any plugin can break the chat.
    The reason why Welcome Messages has more probabilities of breaking it is because it sends multiple messages at once, and this causes the issue for some reason, Welcome Message is using the exact same game function to send the messages as any of the other plugins, this is something that the game developers have to fix and not me.

I can only ask you guys to be patient until they do.
    [DOUBLEPOST=1450381968][/DOUBLEPOST]Of course this said, the less messages you have in Welcome Messages the better, though it may break sometimes anyway.

14. Yes I've been admin sense day 1 on my server and these commands work: ban, kick, give and others.

15. Wulf

Wulf Community Admin

And what do you see in the chat when you use the command?

16. unknown command

17. Wulf

Wulf Community Admin

Are you sure you are fully updated with Oxide? Using '/reload pluginname' in-game via chat as admin has been available for the past few Oxide updates.

18. Yes I logged onto my control panel through host and told it to install oxide it only took a minute and their is a oxide folder with other folders inside.

19. Wulf

Wulf Community Admin

Does /version work? If not, then you do not have Oxide installed or aren't using the latest. If you ran any Steam/game updates after, that would have uninstalled Oxide.

20. ok thanks i haven't reinstalled oxide after any new updates, so i will try that. will installing oxide restart or shutdown server?