VPNBlock

Moved

Total Downloads: 785 - First Release: Sep 5, 2016 - Last Update: Apr 10, 2018

5/5, 7 likes
  1. @Wulf Does this still work properly? Got a group of hackers on our server who keep moving through VPNs to escape bans...

2. Wulf

Wulf Community Admin

I'm not the author of this, so that'd be a question for @Calytic and the service the plugin uses.

3. Alright sounds good...right now I've just got a command timer spamming my rcon with banid XXXXXXX unban XXXXXXX rofl...can't stand loopholes.

@Wulf

4. please update so it kicks people using vpns

5. Wulf

Wulf Community Admin

That's what it already does, but it doesn't actually know what is a VPN, it uses a service for that.

6. ahh ok im trying to find a working vpn blocker as i dont want people to use it on my server and there connecting with a vpn but ive no way to block it ive tryed VPNBlock , Banvpn, and they dont work ive had a friend connect with a vpn to test it

7. Wulf

Wulf Community Admin

Not all VPN services are detected, as it's all pretty much up to the service to have them listed.

8. where do i add the vpn services to block them as it dose not create a config file

9. Wulf

Wulf Community Admin

I uses a hard-coded service URL, not something you can hot swap for any site.

10. i thought id put this in here . you can report vpn services that are not supported by them , send them a email . you can find the email at there website or [email protected] (reporting Hosting Providers/VPNs/Proxies)

i wonder if there are more sites like this with api that we can add in so we get a bigger ban list

11. Will this work with Oxide 7 Days to Die servers?

12. Wulf

Wulf Community Admin

I don't think we have the hooks needed for that yet in 7 Days to Die.

13. I noticed this plugin uses IPHub to look up ip addresses ---> IPHub - IP lookup with Proxy/VPN detection (+API)

Code:
    var url = string.Format("http://legacy.iphub.info/api.php?ip=" + ip + "&showtype=4");
    I have one user who says he is not using a VPN, but his IP shows proxy=1 with IPHub (will gladly send his IP address privately)

I googled some other free VPN/Proxy services and they cleared him as okay:
    - Free Proxy / VPN / TOR / Bad IP Detection Service via API and Web Interface | IP Intelligence
    - Proxy Check | IP Location

Im just a tiny bit worried about potential false positives, I really dont know much about VPNs or Proxies,

Are there other trustworthy services that could be added to the code? to double/triple check?

14. Wulf

Wulf Community Admin

VPNs are proxies are kinda hard to validate, as anyone could fire up one with a dedicated server. Any services such as those pretty much rely on user reports and those reports could be false or no longer be valid.

15. getipintel . net provides a very good way to tell if it's a true VPN or not. If it says it's not a VPN you can whitelist his ISP in this plugin.

16. is this plugin now working or is this plugin on hold I see that some people say it is not working is that true or have these issues already being solved?

and can I use this plugin on rust experimental?

17. Wulf

Wulf Community Admin

Which issues? The plugin can't control what a site says is a VPN or not.

18. yes and no I like to know if the plugin is working and can by used on an experimental rust server and yes because the reason that want the plugin in is to block VPN user only !

19. Wulf

Wulf Community Admin

Should work fine other than the previous comments mentioned in this thread. No site will really know for sure if an IP is a VPN, it's all based on reports, guesswork, and known proxy/VPN IP ranges.

20. that's true thanks :)