Solved Updated skins list?

Discussion in 'Rust Development' started by Rusty, Sep 15, 2016.

1. guys I made a quick plugin that can spawn in the workshop item with skin through a chat command, but can someone help me and tell me how to convert a short name to the itemID cause that would be easier than looking up the ID

EDIT: Guys I got it to work with short names

Last edited by a moderator: Nov 6, 2016
  2. Link to the plugin? :)

3. I want to do a few more things before I release

4. Well I've messed with codes here n there just not codes for rust. edited the cs files a lil and obviously json up the ying yang. IT for 10 years so don't imagine it'd be hard for me if pointed in the right direction. I get it if you don't wanna share codey wealth....sniff

5. del...

6. I would like to know how to, im not very familiar with code but know a bit.
    tried inventory.give tshirt:503588685 but doesnt work, any help?

7. They're keeping it to themselves. #noncodersrustlivesmatter

8. There is no way to spawn items with a specific skin without using a plugin.

9. So. Renebs American flag thing. and the other one with the fire. that's from just using the randomizer? because the others on here sure seem to have a way to get what they want :D

10. That is done using a custom plugin allowing them to pick a specific skin from the workshop and apply it to an item.

11. It wasn't about not wanting to share it, it was about me not wanting to upload what would essentially be a full plugin or a huge snippet. ;)

12. And also the fact that we don't want any plugins/snippets that allows users to get items with a specific skin that they want :p

13. Ah yes. that plugin that....theyre keeping to themselves :D
    Unless they're you guys, of course :D

Alright guys. I get it. we peasants shall continue to wallow in the muck.

Anyway nice one for sorting the accepted ones in the list.

14. I have little to no coding experience and I was able to produce something that works reliable. So why can't you?
    Surely with 10 years experience you can as well and btw Shady has been giving you the direction and answer all in front of you!

15. Well maybe im not that smart as you so we need more steps to the right direction!

16. hint hint: ItemManager.CreateByItemID(itemid, amount, skinid);

17. *sigh* ok, and where do we call this hook, console? by editing a plugins file?
    Will see what I can do with his hint. :(

18. i feel so dumb rn. i should start paying attention in my classes lol

edit: sooo this is python? c#? maybe i can do some digging myself. im new to all of this and would like to know more about it.

19. Not entirely sure of their motivation to be.....ahem....this way about it

Closest I've got so far was just using item skin randomizer to get the accepted ones. Don't think this workshop one is gonna happen to be honest, no idea how to call the hook. If it was just a case of knowing a plugin I could edit a line to customise for an item, I'd do it....buuut.