Smart Chat Bot

I send chat messages based on some triggers or time

Total Downloads: 1,856 - First Release: Apr 20, 2017 - Last Update: Jan 2, 2018

5/5, 12 likes
  1. Wulf

Wulf Community Admin

You can handle it any way you'd like, you don't have to use the basic handling for config files. They are essentially the same setup, just a different location and the data location is not meant to be edited manually (plugins have to be unloaded for them to be edited manually). The config needs to be under oxide/config; this was overlooked when approving it. Please update as soon as possible.

An advanced config example: using System.Collections.Generic; using Newtonsoft.Json; namespace Oxide. - Pastebin.com

2. i still cannot get this to work i dont know where im going wrong here is my data file jsonlint says its fine nothing in the trgger messages will get it to say hello there

Code:
    {
      "ChatDisplayName": "<color=#00FF00>[Chatbot]</color>",
      "BotCooldownInSeconds": 15.0,
      "TimedMessages": [],
      "AutomatedResponses": [
        {
          "Message": "hello there",
          "SendToServer": true,
          "TriggerMessages": [
            [
              "must",
              "say"
            ],
            [
              "or",
              "say"
            ],
            [
              "poo"
            ]
          ]
        },
        {
          "Message": "This is a private autoresponse",
          "SendToServer": false,
          "TriggerMessages": [
            [
              "private"
            ]
          ]
        }
      ]
    }

3. @Wombat As far as I can tell it looks okay. Can you paste me the output of "oxide.plugins" in your server console?

4. ok here you go have fun hahaha

Listing 128 plugins:

5. I'd assume there's a conflict with one of the other 120 plugins. If any of those is overriding chat, this bot will not be able to check for their message.

6. onny thing i can think of is advertmessages thats the only thing that outputs text to chat at a set time

7. You're also using BetterChat though, which will override chat messages. If BetterChat handles the message first, this plugin won't be able to access it.

8. so really its either smart chat bot or betterchat then lol

ok just tested betterchat it dosent work either when thats disabled

9. Maybe try "oxide.unload *" and then "oxide.load SmartChatBot" to then test if the plugin is working.

10. Yeah if you unloaded everything it could help narrow it down to configuration over a plugin conflict.

11. already tryed that :) i have also unloaded all other chat things like betterchat advertmessages betterchat mute and still nothing

12. i_love_code updated Smart Chat Bot with a new update entry:

13. It isn't working at all, except TimedMessages... :)

14. same problems as i have nothing i do makes it work

15. Hah! Great memory, but I don't like to use my memory to compensate for others lol

Thank you sir. I'll check it out tonight.

16. this plugin DONT work, only timedmessage, nothing else!

17. Code:
    {
      "ChatDisplayName": "<color=#00FF00>[Chatbot]</color>",
      "BotCooldownInSeconds": 5.0,
      "BotChatDisplaySteamId": "1",
      "TimedMessages": [],
      "AutomatedResponses": [
        {
          "Message": "Wipe's are every Thursday when Rust Updates",
          "SendToServer": true,
          "TriggerWordSets": [
            [
              "wipe",
              "when"
            ],
            [],
            []
          ]
        },
        {
          "Message": "This is a private autoresponse",
          "SendToServer": false,
          "TriggerWordSets": []
        }
      ]
    }
    No matter how I move this, doesn't matter what they say (They can say "Hello", "Wipe", "Butts" and it will ALWAYS say the trigger phrase, what am I doing wrong?

18. @NekoCore Please remove any instances of empty trigger words, it may always be triggering. I will update this plugin to ignore those soon.
    [DOUBLEPOST=1493432873][/DOUBLEPOST]ATTENTION: This plugin will *not* work alongside other chat-controlling plugins. This is just a flaw of the current chat system. Once a plugin handles chat, no other plugins can. Examples of plugins this may not work with are: BetterChat, Mute, Anti-spam, etc.
    [DOUBLEPOST=1493432910][/DOUBLEPOST]Is anyone having issues that is not running another chat related plugin?

19. deleteme

Last edited by a moderator: Apr 29, 2017
  20. i_love_code updated Smart Chat Bot with a new update entry: