Smart Chat Bot

I send chat messages based on some triggers or time

Total Downloads: 1,856 - First Release: Apr 20, 2017 - Last Update: Jan 2, 2018

5/5, 12 likes
  1. i_love_code submitted a new resource:

Smart Chat Bot - I send chat messages based on some triggers or time

Read more about this resource...

2. Thank you very much! A very useful plugin. I wanted to write this myself, but you beat me to it =)

3. cannot get this to work it dosent generate a config json so i edit in data but still dosent work for me heres my config
    Code:
    {
      "ChatDisplayName": "<color=#00FF00>[Auto_Reply]</color>",
      "BotCooldownInSeconds": 15.0,
      "TimedMessages": [],
      "AutomatedResponses": [
      {
      "Message": "We dont wipe the server unless the rust crew force wipe us!!",
      "SendToServer": true,
      "TriggerMessages": [
      [
      "When",
          "is",
          "wipe",
          "hello",
          "lets",
          "eat"
      ]
      ]
      },
      {
      "Message": "This is a private autoresponse",
      "SendToServer": false,
      "TriggerMessages": [
      [
      "private"
      ]
      ]
      }
      ]
    }

Last edited by a moderator: Apr 21, 2017
  4. Suddenly!!! Thank you!

5. alas it's not working! :(

6. Great plugin, thank you developer!!!

7. Can't get it to respond to my keywords, not sure why either. Config passes validation and plugin starts, just won't reply to my prompts

8. anyone able to get this to work ?
    [DOUBLEPOST=1492810086][/DOUBLEPOST]
    same problem here

9. My config keeps resting

10. it dosent even work i dont know whats going on just got to wait for someone to fix it lol

11. same here XD

12. this config will created "data" folder, but.. dont respond keywords

13. Wulf

Wulf Community Admin

@i_love_code, your config file should be under the oxide/data folder; that is intended for persistent data, not configurations. Please make changes to move it to the oxide/config folder using the Config API instead of the Datafile API.

14. I eagerly await updates to this mod!

15. Are you including all the words in your chat message that you used for trigger words in the data file?
    [DOUBLEPOST=1493340955][/DOUBLEPOST]
    You need to write all of the trigger words in the same chat message for the message to be triggered.

You can add extra fields to add different abbreviations for the same trigger message.
    [DOUBLEPOST=1493341032][/DOUBLEPOST]
    It does work, I am using it fine.

By looking at your previously posted data file it doesn't look correctly formatted even though that shouldn't matter. Make sure you're using all of your trigger words in the same message to test the triggers. Remember the message needs to contain all of the trigger words for the trigger message to be sent.
    [DOUBLEPOST=1493341094][/DOUBLEPOST]
    If your config keeps resetting then you're incorrectly formatting the config file. Make sure it's valid, you could use websites such as The JSON Validator to test if it's valid or not.

16. I'd rather not use this mod as it doesn't follow the standard json file location. I have enough to manage. If you could fix that I'd appreciate it.

17. It's exactly the same, just located in the /data folder. There's literally no difference.

18. I know that, but that's not the proper location by Oxide standards. I don't feel like having to remember which json is a settings file and which one is a data file. I have 70+ mods on my server and it's difficult to manage without having to remember exceptions for mods that don't follow the standards.

For me it matters and I won't use the mod until that's changed.

19. You must have a bad memory then :p

20. May update this to use the config file API, but as far as it's much easier to use the data file API to read a hard-typed configuration model. I don't want to access every single config variable by string name just to use the config file API.

@Wulf Any reason why the configuration API does not support JSON deserialization from the entire file alike the data API? Seems silly imho

If anyone is still having issues, post your data file.