Rust Raid notifier

Discussion in 'Plugin Requests' started by Hemoglobin36, Feb 8, 2015.

1. Ok, i'll try taking a look at it tomorrow or wednesday, i don't think it's hard to do.

2. Awesome, looking foward to it :) Again just keep it simple to inform in game (no need emails,sms, fb messages and other nonsence ;) maybe also to print message to console so there is you know, some traceble log what happened ;) )

3. Hi,

Well ok everyone, i am success with messaging by adding new feature to zone manager, but it's just spaming because no timer.

I don't know enough about timer, if someone know how to do a timer associated to zoneid or zonename.

Edit: nvm, just found a way :)

-I have publish result here
    Zones Manager | Page 87 | Oxide
    -If you want another version with email, feel free to reply back to this post.

Last edited by a moderator: Jul 2, 2016
  4. Actully, @Calytic made something called RaidNotes, if that interests you at all. If you wanted to use an email system you could use @Wulf's email API.

5. Detect when Base is being raided,
    Notify Base Owners of raid in progress.

=== How to detect when a Base is being raided?
    RaidNotes by Calytic ------> RaidNotes for Rust | Oxide

=== How to know the owners of a base?
    ?

=== How to notify?
    In-Game
    Steam ------ SteamReport ----> SteamReport | Oxide
    Discord ----- Discord -----> Discord | Oxide
    Email ----- Email API ---> Email API for Rust | Oxide
    Text ----- Twilio? --->
    Send an SMS Message with C# in 30 Seconds
    .NET Quickstart: Sending SMS and MMS Messages via API
    (Twilio Pricing: $0.0075 per message)
    Phone App?
    Push API ------> PushAPI | Oxide

=== References:
    Rust Alerts ---> RustAlerts.com - Online and offline threat alerts | Oxide
    Rusty Sheriff Raid Alert ---> Rusty Sheriff Raid Alert [Unmaintained] | Oxide
    Rusty Sheriff Android App ---> Rusty Sheriff Raid Alert (Ads) – Android-Apps auf Google Play
    Rust - Raid notifier | Oxide

Last edited by a moderator: May 27, 2017
  6. Wulf

Wulf Community Admin

Plugin requests are a little different than general question threads. For questions and such once they have been solved or otherwise dead for a period of time, we'd prefer a new thread to be created, unless the original poster is the one doing the bumping for the same issue. We're pretty lenient on the original rule though (2 weeks is not much, we generally allow for a few months or more). Generally warnings are removed after a period of time automatically. Until a request is resolved, all those involved in the thread are generally interested in it still, whereas the original poster of a general thread would have already resolved their issue in most cases.

7. You could set it up for discord where it notifies each user privately through DM. You would need a custom plugin and custom bot (maybe).

Process could look like this:
    Join discord, admin manually sets up discord bot to send "discord ID" a message when plugin sends the discord bot "steam id".
    So you basically code the bot to send "@Hex#1234" a message when the bot receives "19473628495" (your steam id) from the rust plugin.

1. Base receives damage (detected by plugin)
    2. Rust plugin sends (Steam ID) to discord bot
    3. When discord bot receives "Steam ID" it sends DM to "discord ID"

You would manually need to assign steam ID's to each discord profile, so you could probably make it a feature in a purchasable kit to thin out the labor.

The thing about discord, is you need to assign a steam ID to the correct discord ID, so the bot messages the correct person. You could possibly just have a plugin send the ID's to a public chat through webhooks, but then everyone would know your being raided.