Rust Raid notifier

Discussion in 'Plugin Requests' started by Hemoglobin36, Feb 8, 2015.

1. Sorry if this has already been suggested. but is there any way to get a plugin that will email you when someone is raiding your house?

:)

2. maybe not by e-mail which will be hard way but it will be perfect if it's possible to make plugin which will inform owner while his house under attack(same as legacy) - ofcourse if he is online :)

Also it will be perfect if the plugin inform owner of house right after enter the server who raid his house

3. Things like this are possible but depend on storing information of the owners of every building so it would always require the plugin BuildingOwner(s), and about sending an email, I guess this would also be possible to do using some sort of online API and use webrequests to send them. I think there is some sort of plugin available that sends email alerts for something entirely different, or maybe just an api, can't quite remember.

4. okay I dont have problem with building owners and I think all servers have that plugin :)

If we forget about the e-mail notification what do you think about the send notice to the house owner during his house under attack?

5. A hook will most likely needed to be added to trigger on damage done to the buildingblocks. I'll see if I have time to look into that, and if such a hook would be introduced it should be possible to create a plugin for this in combination with the buildingowners plugin ofcourse :)
    [DOUBLEPOST=1426942716][/DOUBLEPOST]Actually being stupid here, we could just use the hook OnPlayerAttack xD

6. Wulf

Wulf Community Admin

Email API and Push API. ;)

7. dont understand what you are talking about but should we understood from your last it is possible or ? :confused:

8. Wulf

Wulf Community Admin

My reply was to Mughisi (hence the quote) as he was looking for those plugins.

9. I am ready to donate 20usd whoever able to do it

10. Hello,

Would be good if somebody oculd make plugin that would announce to global chat 1st used C4 or Rocket only (or more trough config) that would be used/launch at selected Zone, to controll only specific place not all.

Lore: Lets say I am building event trough our village community, they have a bank house that needs to be protected, it is surrounded by zone (ZoneManager) that haves regular things like autolights true noremove true nobuild true nodeploy true ect... And the task of villagers is to protect the bank, now rebels (everybody who doesnt live in village) wants to raid it, so they will go, and after they will set up 1st C4 or launch 1st rocket (lets say not lauch but hit (dmg) structure of the building inside the zone) this plugin would check it and announce it to the chat like "Oh no somebody started to raid the Bank! Go there and protect it or steal it ;)" - would be great if you could use colours and set the message via config file).

So what should it have:
    -config file
    -configurable what should it check (c4,rockets,grenades true/false)
    -configurable messages and how many messages it would send globaly, lik in lore but lets say 3 times ;) big thumb if color message support and announced name of the Zone trough ZoneManager ;)
    -ZoneManager support
    -Clans:io and FriendsApi support (only cause if large group will raid it (grouop clan or friends) so if everybody would set c4 it would just spam depending on the 1st c4 going ka-boom :) )
    -Console message
    -Log file (also in config to be able set to true / false

Can anybody help? :)

11. The friends and IO Api support would be too much here, i think a simple Array could save lastlocation/userId oder name, and on next explosion easy check the distance to the last.

12. Yes it would be nice if it would be a notification by e-mail , since many no longer play because of night raids

13. A fantastic idea.

An email isnt even needed, a global message could pop up

"C-Block is raiding at X - Y"

Could set is so that the message will only appear every 10 mins per player (raider) OR if they move a certain distance away from the original message.

edit: if this already exists (sorry *facepalm) can you provide a link - thanks.

14. Exacly, we dont need e-mails or sms or some of this.... Just a simple global message in chat that would just pop-up (even maybe support for GUI Annoucements) just to say "NickName is raiding {ZoneName - if ZoneManager support} / is raiding at X - Y"

15. whi dont need e-mails or sms?

Let's say I'm not in the game , but my friends are in the game , and then I receive a message saying that my house raids, I immediately ask them about how to help , I think there may be a point in the mail server settings , and the players themselves have pointed your email to send

16. Cause it will ruin teh game? Simple, offline raids are normal in this game, if kids dont like it let them cry, btw instal on mobile steam app, and your friends can message you via steam....

17. Well if it's the game, why the fuck we should made this plugin?! Anyway online or offline raid, if you receive alert sms/email/ingame message, it will ruin the game.
    I don't think it a good idea for player, because you don't have more surprise when you go back to your house, you will instantly know if you are getting raid or not.
    But it's my own opinion.

18. Thats also true, but read my post above why I want it, its just for RolePlay purpose, not to inform about every raid ;) I just need something that will say that the village bank is getting robbed (raided) ;) I totaly agree that it will ruin a game if you will notify about every raid that is going on....

19. Well I think the better and easier way is to use zone manager for limit what building must be checked and entity owner to get who should receive alert when bank/build is raided.
    But I am not sure if you can get email from players steam information to send email.
    Well we can always write a command /register email

20. Well thats what I writed down above, no need to send mail ect, just ingame to check if the zone is getting raided and to send to global chat on server a simple message. If you played ARMA III Altis Life mod, or other life mods, there was like federal bank that was getting robbed and it also just said ion global chat that its getting robbed - police were informed by this and the tas kwas simple: defend teh gold! :) And thats why I want this, we have like 2 villages for example that fight togather,m and goal is to raid bank in the villages but to inform villagers that its gewtting robbed - tro inform villagers taht are only in game, not offline ect,,, :)