1. Maybe one of the plugins I use is causing my problems?

2. Wulf

Wulf Community Admin

With the server startup and Steam auth? Unlikely.

3. I tried doing another steam update and another oxide update. I have the same results. it doesn't get past that loading mark
    [DOUBLEPOST=1512577288][/DOUBLEPOST]If other community server owners would come on and post their comments. I'd like to know if it's a my server specific issue or if others are having similar issues. At least we know one guy got his server working

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 6, 2017
  4. got it working. Had to remove the steamapps folder from the server THEN do a steam update and THEN do oxide update.
    [DOUBLEPOST=1512605159][/DOUBLEPOST]but now doing the /oxide.reload says i don't have permission to use the command now. Did miss something?

5. Wulf

Wulf Community Admin

Sounds like the server wasn't fully updated from Steam then, as that's how you'd force it to do an update.

Default admin for all permissions was removed as not all permissions are something you'd want (this is mentioned in the changelog). Those commands have permissions with the same name (have been available for the past 6 months) which you can grant using RCON or the local server console.

6. fair enough. i'm still learning all this stuff, started 6 months ago :p so what is the permission i need to add called? i was using this before
    - 'oxide.reload' and in game i would do /oxide.reload So this RCON is new to me. How does that work?

7. Wulf

Wulf Community Admin

See Using the Oxide permission system | Oxide for information on Oxide's permission system.

For RCON, you can enable (should be by default for RoK) Oxide's RCON via oxide/oxide.config.json and then connect to the IP address and port (if open) using an Rust RCON tool (any that uses web sockets) such as RustAdmin.

8. Hi Wulf, I just need to be able to do /oxide.reload Announcer. Am I able to just grant myself permission in-game? I tried to grant myself permission in-game, as per instructions from 'Using the Oxide permission system|Oxide' but I don't have permission to use grant, or anything else. I'm the server owner and in the owner group. The connecting to RCON sounds like a lot of unnecessary extra steps. Is there an easy way to reload plugins anymore?

9. Wulf

Wulf Community Admin

Right now you’d either need console access or use RCON. I may look into granting the default admin group the core Oxide commands though at least.