1. Plugin List:
    AutoBroadcast, AutoFuel, BetterChat, BlueprintManager, ConnectMessages, Cornucopia, CraftingController, CustomAI, DangerousTreasures, EasyChatCommands, Friends, FurnaceSplitter, GatherManager, HelpText, Kits, NTeleportation, PrefabSniffer, PrivateMessage, QuickSmelt, RealtimeWipeInfo, RecycleManager, RemoverTool, ServerInfo, SmoothRestart, StackSizeController, Staffmode, SteamGroups, TimeOfDay, Vanish

After the latest update my server will run for a while then all the sudden continuously spawn bears or other animals to the point where my server fps reaches 0-7 and my entities go up by at least ~10k. The console is also spammed by "Look rotation viewing vector is zero." Any ideas of what may be causing this?
    [DOUBLEPOST=1533637452][/DOUBLEPOST]I removed CustomAI and Cornucopia (Navmesh is disabled) but all animals are still spawning at an insane rate, I get around ~30k in about 30 seconds, and they don't stop spawning. spawn.max_rate and _density are both at 0.1; I can't figure out why this is happening!

2. If I adapted that it would stop animals from being spawned completely, my issue is that animals are spawning without a cap and way too fast.

3. Yes, a map wipe might be required. There is currently something buggy with spawning AI entities. If you don't want to wipe, then the above fix could work.

4. or try a rolleback with a backup befor it happends start hardcore spawn

5. I noticed the same on one server

I think it was with a Bearrell plugin

where you open a barrel and a bear comes out, maybe try looking for that if you have the plugin

6. This is probably not an Oxide issue....But was wondering if anyone could shed some light on,
    why when I go to spawn an animal....Example: In F1 Console type...spawn bear(press enter)....a bear appears.
    2 0r 3 sec. later, at least 100 appear...possibly more. Of course bringing server fps to it's knees. This has never happened before. And I have changed zero parameters of the server, have added no new plugins. Nothing has changed. Other then the latest Rust Update/Wipe Last Thursday.

Any thoughts?....Thanks!

7. I am getting this issue to seems to be happening since last steam update, every so often one type of animal will spawn a hundred or more.

8. I got the same problem :)

Last edited by a moderator: Aug 11, 2018
  9. if u know when it happend, so just rolleback with your backups and u dont need full wipe. this happend to us too

10. Happened on my mates vanilla server so does not seem to be oxide related seems since last update.

11. I code a brute for .cs plugin fix for animals spawned off the nav mesh, run it, do the del command listed in the console, twice and you should be all good. no animal for a while they respawn, but at least your server is fubar. Note unload the plugin once you are done cleaning or no animals will spawn! the commands to del all animals: del assets/rust.ai/agents/boar/boar.prefab del assets/rust.ai/agents/chicken/chicken.prefab del assets/rust.ai/agents/horse/horse.prefab del assets/rust.ai/agents/stag/stag.prefab del assets/rust.ai/agents/bear/bear.prefab del assets/rust.ai/agents/wolf/wolf.prefab del assets/rust.ai/agents/zombie/zombie.prefab PM me for the tiny .cs file as they get cranky if we post random code. You don't need to wipe to resolve this.

12. i can confirm this is not related to Oxide. because i just loaded my vanilla server version and when i spawned an animal it went crazy and kept creating entities . this is a huge bug in rust itself.

13. You able to pass this onto Helk Wulf? seems to be since last update

14. this problem isn't related to oxide. it is only related to facepunch

15. Yeah but maybe Wulf can get message to him since he may know him as Helk might not be aware.

16. Wulf

Wulf Community Admin

They're aware of it, it's on their issue tracker.

17. I used the spawn zombie command once, and it spawned hundreds of zombies at once, making everyone and everything lag hard (1fps). Is there a way to remove these with command? Wiping map is not an option sadly.

18. here is a solution of it make a plugin and paste the code from the thread

Solved - Stopping zombies from spawning?

and run sometimes this command in rcon
    del assets/rust.ai/agents/zombie/zombie.prefab

19. Just happened to my server for the first time this month. What a freaking nightmare