HelpText

Moved

Total Downloads: 18,185 - First Release: Oct 23, 2014 - Last Update: Feb 3, 2017

4.92105/5, 38 likes
  1. Wulf

Wulf Community Admin

That is a Rust bug that happens when chat overflows the screen. It isn't a bug with this plugin or any for that matter.

2. Ok thx

3. Wulf

Wulf Community Admin

Temporary build compatible with Oxide builds 266+.

Attached Files:

4. Domestos, could you please add option to make (all/custom) help messages to be colored? So a user could write a hex color in cfg and it would always be this color?

5. Wulf

Wulf Community Admin

That's a possibility!

6. if i do /help the help list comes up blank... oxide loads fine with no problem and no errors

never mind even talking to blank... i installed this addon again and now its all blank

Last edited by a moderator: Feb 18, 2015
  7. Wulf

Wulf Community Admin

You don't have any plugins that provide help text installed then.

8. but even my ingame text chat is blanked out

9. Wulf

Wulf Community Admin

That's a bug with Rust when you overflow the game window with chat messages.

10. so i need to remove some help commands and restart the server?

11. Wulf

Wulf Community Admin

That may work as a potential fix, though a restart isn't needed.

12. > oxide.reload helptext
    Code:
    [Oxide] 1:33 PM [Error] Failed to load plugin helptext:
    File: helptext.lua Line: 19 '}' expected (to close '{' at line 17) near 'Teleport':
      at NLua.Lua.ThrowExceptionFromError (Int32 oldTop) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
      at NLua.Lua.LoadString (System.String chunk, System.String name) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
      at Oxide.Lua.Plugins.LuaPlugin.Load () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
      at Oxide.Lua.Plugins.LuaPluginLoader.Load (System.String directory, System.String name) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
      at Oxide.Core.OxideMod.LoadPlugin (System.String name) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
    got the error now

13. Wulf

Wulf Community Admin

Don't modify this plugin, modify the config file or other plugin configs.

14. well see the problem im having is i have no config files..... i just have the plugin file its self

15. Wulf

Wulf Community Admin

Help is pull from other plugins if you have that enabled in the Help Text config file, else you can create your own help messages in the Help Text config file and disable help from other plugins.

16. yeah i had it going good and then something went wrong.. and now im kicking my self in the***... im just going to restart fresh

17. I think it would benefit all if the plugin would allow to use /help <plugin-name>, that way you don't get spammed to death by all the plugins (depending on the server but I'm pretty sure that there are those that have way too many installed) and can do a nice help overview with no arguments:

/help
    The following subpages are available:
    • <some plugin> - <plugin description (maybe allow the plugin to set a better and shorter desc optionally)>
    • <some other plugin> - <same as above obviously>

/help <some plugin>
    <plugin description again>
    • <some command> - <command description>
    • <some other command> - <command description>

18. There is any possibility to modify this helptext to expand form? Because sometimes help grows in a HUGE help and it could be useful to modify it to sections... Something like command | less in linux?

19. I pretty much described that in my post above yours :/

20. Is possible to add pages? like the shop plugin :)