HeliRide

Players can fly the Patrol Helicopter

Total Downloads: 8,458 - First Release: Jan 9, 2017 - Last Update: Apr 5, 2018

5/5, 46 likes
  1. Colon Blow submitted a new resource:

HeliRide - Players can fly the Patrol Helicopter

Read more about this resource...

2. LOL this is fun.. I have my heli set to spawn using TimedExecute (and Disabled in HeliControl). I waited for it to spawn and fly in to land, then I did /flyheli and laid waste (I warned my players first).. lol. ALTHOUGH it spawned a second helicopter apparently when I did that. I didn't see it personally because I was too busy shooting my players, but several people said they saw a 2nd heli. When I did killheli it blew them both up (the one I was flying and the second one that spawned when i first did /flyheli) and started throwing console errors until i did /flyheli to turn it off...

So if this could be integrated to recognize helicontrol/kill heli that would be great!

edit, I think I get it.. it spawns a new heli. I was under the impression it gave me control of an existing heli that's already spawned.

Last edited by a moderator: Jan 11, 2017
  3. Flawless @Colon Blow , I am glad its finaly officialy out since we were playing with it from the Fly Helicopter thread :)

Just got a question, any chance you could do some tricks with heli moving? Now if youre flying it and look down, the heli also does a nonsence move and looks like down, players are suspicious ect. and you know, if you want to just fly arround like a real patrol helicopter, the moves when youre aiming somewhere... Well my suggestion/question os if you would be able to set or make heli move like a normal heli and she would shoot (only turret) to where youre looking with croshair, but without the heli turning front nose to the target - in game heli the standart one moves like that and shoots from sides, when she needs rockets she points her self in front ;) Would be great to have this also like option in config (StandartHeliMovement: true/false? :D)

Ty again for great work ;)

4. @Brko i use alt key, it looks like the heli is pointed down because of the gui heli cockpit image but the heli flys straight.

5. How about having a limit on the helicopter's pitch. Also best mod 2017.

6. I use also alt key, but sometimes the heli really haves nose down/up depending where youre aiming, butz i will tesdt it more later to make sure I am not sh*t talking arround ;) TY also for reply ;)

7. Nice, nice) Waiting for animal ride and attack players by bear)

8. Yes limiting pitch is something I'm working on, it does look kind of crazy when helicopter is pointed straight down ..LOL

9. Tell me about it lol :p

10. Gotta try this. This looks like so much fun...well done man!

11. Working on improvements for next release. Probably after patch this week.

- Rockets now fire from the rocket tubes left and right, instead of from underneath.
    - Napalm rockets will all fire from left tube or right tube each round. alternating.
    - Helicopters Pitch is limited. So as it does not allow it to point straight up or down.
    - Helicopter will self level if just sitting still.
    - Player himself no longer receives damage while flying helicopter.
    - Added ability to fly helicopter straight down as if you wanted to land with the Duck button. Helicopter can already go UP with jump button.

more fixes in the works. :)

Last edited by a moderator: Jan 10, 2017
  12. You are a wonderful person! Thank you for this plugin!

13. are collisions out of the question mate, i am assuming yes due to noclip. great idea on the landing and pitch has been hard to go down and make it look realistic to players. many thanks for your plugins colon blow

14. mad! =)

15. @Colon Blow thank you again for this wonderful plugin, had ~2hrs of madness just now )
    just an idea: may you add /cockpit command to turn on/off it right in the game?
    [DOUBLEPOST=1484083811][/DOUBLEPOST]i meant just command w/o options, to switch cockpit.

16. Good idea :)
    [DOUBLEPOST=1484085964][/DOUBLEPOST]
    Ill see what i can come up with on this one.

17. You are not allowed to access that command? what i must do it?

18. oxide.grant user DJ_Drence heliride.allowed
    or
    grant group admin heliride.allowed

19. Awesome!
    Can you add some of this features in future updates? :)
    - Make an cooldown for rocket shooting
    - Make an rocket (turrets, napalm) shotting more slowly (or add this in config file so admin could configure the speed of rocket shootings)
    - Make an permissions for every kind of weapons that player can use (example heliride.napalm.allowed)
    - Maybe you can add an ability to use resources from players invetory for shooting (like in "FireArrows" plugin)
    And would be wery nice if players can ride on heli with 3rd party cam wiev
    Thanks for your great job!