1. So uhhhm I saw the most recent posts here:
    Release build changelog

And thought "hey, core fixes must be good, right!"
    so I updatd all my hurtworld and Rust servers. I didn't have time to test, or reason

Now apparently everything is broken. I'll have to wipe them all, and I don't even know how to get normal oxide back.

Any help... MASIVELY appreciated.. thanks !

2. Wulf

Wulf Community Admin

We'll need more details in order to help you. Useful information would be logs, description of the issue(s), plugins used, etc.

3. well, everything was fine last night before i applied latest patches. since today i am reported:

Rust
    people are getting kicked for killing zombies or for using workbenches (that bug already exist i think)

Hurtworld
    people are getting infinite kits with no cooldown
    teleports dont work

i have used the same links i always use to update, could that be problem ?
    either way tbh, if you could PLEEEEASE send me how to download Oxide.Rust 2.0.3827 and whatever the last Hurtworld v1 oxide was before 2 days ago i will love you forever even more xD
    [DOUBLEPOST=1519060458][/DOUBLEPOST]wget https://github.com/OxideMod/Oxide/releases/download/latest/Oxide-Hurtworld.zip
    wget https://github.com/OxideMod/Oxide/releases/download/latest/Oxide-Rust.zip

those 2 from last night have really fucked up everything, idk how or why T_T

4. Wulf

Wulf Community Admin

Nothing has changed with Oxide that would change any of what you've described. All of that is controlled by plugins or the game, not Oxide.

If you are using a plugin that isn't calling a hook correctly though, that's something you'd need to report in the plugin's support thread.

5. It must have, because updating oxide is LITERALLY the only change I've made.

I have been using the outdated python + some other language modules, that are no longer supported, could it possibly be that?

6. Wulf

Wulf Community Admin

If you're not using .cs plugins, then that isn't supported and may have issues.

7. Or Oxide-Hurtworld.zip has become itemv2, or something ?

nono, I just have one .py plugin and use the oxide python extension to allow it, thats all. but that has no problems itself.
    i am just trying to think outside the box because from your reaction this obviously isnt the intended function of the new updates :(
    [DOUBLEPOST=1519060933][/DOUBLEPOST]is there any links to old Oxide versions please?

8. Wulf

Wulf Community Admin

The only thing the Oxide.Core update fixed was hooks called between plugins not using the correct signatures. So if a plugin wasn't actually using what it should have been using, then it may stop working.

9. 09:20 [Error] Failed to call hook 'cmdKit' on plugin 'Kits v1.0.4' (NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object)
    09:21 [Error] Failed to call hook 'cmdRoll' on plugin 'RollTheDice v1.0.4' (NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object)
    09:27 [Error] Failed to call hook 'cmdPlayers' on plugin 'PlayersList v1.0.3' (NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object)

NRE everywhere? :s
    this is only since updating oxide.. i dont understand T_T
    looks like literally every command or function produces NRE. if it's not oxide, wtf did i do xDD

10. Wulf

Wulf Community Admin

Without seeing the full errors or knowing how they were used, can't really say much.

11. Wulf

Wulf Community Admin

The only errors I see there are from many months ago. Basically the issue is that the plugins are sending a null message and instead are sending a prefix only. Basically those fields should be swapped. For more info, see the Rust post here: Solved - SendChatMessage and Broadcast usage?. Basically the same info in the post applies to Hurtworld, though you'd substitute "rust." for "hurt." and BasePlayer for PlayerSession.

12. The NRE's?
    but they only start today, since updating oxide, and effects all plugins that never had errors before (kits, teleport, roll dice, etc)? :s

for arguments sake, could you pretty please give me links to older oxide versions ? all i REALLY need is oxide Hurtworld v1 from 17/02/2018 or before i think

13. Wulf

Wulf Community Admin

Sounds like you haven't updated in awhile then, because that change was months ago last year.

14. but tehre is no updates to those plugins man!
    is it possible that Oxide-Hurtworld.zip is now for itemv2? that might explain everything

can i please please please have the oxide-hurtworld build from Protocol 53? :)

15. Wulf

Wulf Community Admin

No, you're just using broken plugins. The Hurtworld version is the same. Old builds can be found at Releases · OxideMod/Oxide.Hurtworld · GitHub, but keep in mind that you'll eventually need to update.

16. that means then that basically all remaining Hurtworld v1 plugins are broken :s but they weren't before update... doesn't that mean it's debateable whether it's the plugins that are dysfunctional, or the latest oxide? :s

17. Wulf

Wulf Community Admin

It's not a question of what the issue is, the issue is that those plugins were broken months ago from a change to fix an issue. The plugins were using the method wrongly, pretty much what the issue is from. Nothing changed in the "latest", it was literally 4 months ago. The plugins will have to be updated for the change, we aren't going to go back on the change.

18. do you have an archive of the oxide version from before that pleeeease?

i am talking with mr blue about fixing them all but, esp without know what "the oxide fix" was or did, it seems pointless for me to have all of my ~30 plugins updated to accomodate an oxide update that has no known improvements for my servers.
    seems most logical for me to source the oxide version i was using before and re-apply that. i'd even pay for that i think..

19. Wulf

Wulf Community Admin

I already linked you to the builds that we provide in a previous post. Also linked you to the exact information on what changed and how to fix it. It's a pretty quick fix and Find/Replace in Notepad++ or similar editor would fix most instances of it if plugins are using standard naming.