Emote

Because everyone loves to portray themselves in the third person

Total Downloads: 1,327 - First Release: Sep 22, 2015 - Last Update: Mar 25, 2017

5/5, 4 likes
  1. Please can you provide me with any errors that display?

2. Right now my server is down as we wait for the devs to hot fix their hot fix. As soon as that gets straightened out I'll go on and trigger it so I can get the errors for you... if any.

3. Currently, the Emotes plugin compiles correctly and has no error messages from what I can see, but when typing an emote it does not replace the chat entry with the emote entry. Instead, both the chat message and the emote are displayed:

(20:55:23) | [Emote] STANNIS BARATHEON emoted: grins
    (20:55:23) | [CHAT] STANNIS BARATHEON[36887/76561198009666310] : :D

Also, the /me command does not seem to be displaying/relaying emotes. It doesn't provide an error or an emote. Nothing happens when you enter this command.

4. What plugins are you currently using?
    What Server are you currently using it on?
    DM me your server info so i could possible come have a look
    Have you looked in all your log files?

5. My mistake! The plugin does compile correctly (and has loaded), but has the following error message when using /me:
    (09:33:23) | Failed to call hook 'TheFunction' on plugin 'Emote v1.0.7' (NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object)

There is no error message when using the chat entry of an emote,
    ex: [​IMG]
    Gyazo - e7e7022017f39c592c3bbca928565bed.png
    BetterChat's latest version, with oxide's latest version, with the latest version of the Rust server build.

Also, yes, I will DM you my information, thank you very much!!!

6. Could you try without Betterchat? UYnload BC then reload Emote - Hydra may have updated his Hooks

7. It works 100% as-intended without BetterChat loaded.

8. Well,, in that case may i be cheeky to ask to use your server as a test bed :/ not got any test stuff set up and recently closed down my dedi :p

9. Wulf

Wulf Community Admin

@Hirsty, looking at your plugin... why are you hooking into OnBetterChat and OnUserChat at all? If the emotes are triggered by the /me command, then these hooks are not necessary at all and would only lead to conflicts like the above.

Also, [HookMethod("CheckForEmotes")] can be removed and you'd need to move your mute check to BetterChat Mute as it was split. I'd suggest removing the Puts(player.Name + " emoted: " + msg); log output too as it isn't really necessary.

10. Ah thanks Wulf, havent really been focusing on plugins recently as been busy in rl :)

the Puts was there so console can see if emote is being used for anything naughty mainly

Edit3: was hooking On User Chat as when using my own would get the chat message then the emote message much like the issue above

11. Hirsty updated Emote with a new update entry:

12. Wulf

Wulf Community Admin

What? I was talking about the chat hooks, not console commands. Console commands aren't related to chat hooks.

13. the Puts printing to console for every emote :)

14. Wulf

Wulf Community Admin

Ah, the printing.

15. Getting same issue with BetterChat loaded. Please update hooks or remove them.

16. Hmm have you updated to the latest version? As i was on with the server owner having the issue and patched it

17. Code:
    Failed to call hook 'OnBetterChat' on plugin 'BetterChatMute v1.0.5' (InvalidCastException: Cannot cast from source type to destination type.)
    Failed to call hook 'OnBetterChat' on plugin 'Emote v1.0.9' (InvalidCastException: Cannot cast from source type to destination type.)
    Failed to call hook 'OnBetterChat' on plugin 'StickyChat v0.0.6' (InvalidCastException: Cannot cast from source type to destination type.)
    [Better Chat] Titanium: test
    Calling hook OnUserChat resulted in a conflict between the following plugins: BetterChat - True (Boolean), StickyChat (False (Boolean))

18. Hirsty updated Emote with a new update entry:

19. how do i enable it in chat for all players plus admin use in game

20. Wulf

Wulf Community Admin

grant group default emote.use

I'd suggest checking out the permissions tutorial from my signature link or directly under the Guides & Tips forum section.