Emote

Because everyone loves to portray themselves in the third person

Total Downloads: 1,327 - First Release: Sep 22, 2015 - Last Update: Mar 25, 2017

5/5, 4 likes
  1. Got any Logs?

2. Sure! This is what happens when you send an emote and it shows both the smiley and the emote.:

[CHAT] [Admin] STANNIS BARATHEON: :)
    [Oxide] 4:50 PM [Warning] Calling hook OnPlayerChat resulted in a conflict between the following plugins: chathandler, Emote

--

When you're /mute and and use /me it does not provide an error message in console; it simply just bypasses the mute mechanic.

3. The plugin has not yet been worked into any thid party plugins, although I am happy to work with any of the devs - currently trying to work with @LaserHydra and BetterChat.

4. Can I make a request? If /me is readable via the console, I could moderate and check who is bypassing the emote system when muted, and this wouldn't be as big of an issue to moderate. Could you make /me readable from console or teach me how to make the proper edit necessary?

Again, thank you so much - I've always been a fan of this plugin.

5. Which mute plugin are you using?

6. Hirsty updated Emote with a new update entry:

7. actually "Now supporting BetterChat mute"
    As I still did not add support for this in BetterChat. Sorry but this kinda drowned in everything else :c

8. Hirsty updated Emote with a new update entry:

9. please use bb code to insert images ?

10. Pardon?

11. Instead of words use pictures, emoticons

12. That is not possible in the chat.

13. As above. Even if I tried the ui from unity sepulchre be able to make it follow the chat history

14. There are a few new things to note with the newest version:

Permission must be granted as emote.canemote instead of "canemote" (even for server admins)
    Smileys, eg: ":)" still show up in chat before printing "ThePlayer smiles"

To illustrate my point further:
    When granted permissions, and I do ":)", in console, I get:
    [God] [Bravos] STANNIS BARATHEON emoted: smiles
    [Oxide] 1:45 PM [Warning] Calling hook OnPlayerChat resulted in a conflict between the following plugins: chathandler, Emote

In-game I see: https://i.gyazo.com/e8519729dded0a350539926b54bc7f58.png

When I type /me anything, I get:
    [Oxide] 1:46 PM [Error] Failed to call hook 'TheFunction' on plugin 'Emote v1.0.5' (NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object)
    [Oxide] 1:46 PM [Debug] at Oxide.Plugins.Emote.TheFunction (.BasePlayer player, System.String command, System.String[] args) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
    at Oxide.Plugins.Emote.DirectCallHook (System.String name, System.Object& ret, System.Object[] args) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
    at Oxide.Plugins.CSharpPlugin.InvokeMethod (System.Reflection.MethodInfo method, System.Object[] args) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
    at Oxide.Core.Plugins.CSPlugin.OnCallHook (System.String name, System.Object[] args) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
    at Oxide.Core.Plugins.Plugin.CallHook (System.String hookname, System.Object[] args) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0

In-game I see nothing.

Again, thank you to the developer for working on the bugs and caring about this. I know i'm not the only one who respects your work! Thank you Hirsty and also to LaserHydra!

15. sorry for ask what i tippen in chat i dont understand that sorry

16. I sincerely love the plugin, just wish it was fixed! This is honestly one of my favorites.

Bump? :) <3

17. Emotes are broken now in the latest update. A part of me died inside. :(
    Would it be possible if this plugin was somehow revived?
    The error is along the lines of:
    failed to compile - error CS0117: 'ConsoleSystem' does not contain a definition for 'Broadcast'

18. I am planning to update both my plugins.......but im failing to find my mood switch atm, trying to boot up a community amongst other things irl :/

19. Wish I could help you get your mojo in gear man..I'd like to see the mod in action but if you cant get to it thats fine too. Though if you did this one you could start on making trapdoors for me, ;)

20. Lets try fix up some plugins...