EasyChatCommands

Easily Add Chat Info Commands

Total Downloads: 3,508 - First Release: Feb 5, 2017 - Last Update: Feb 5, 2017

5/5, 9 likes
  1. Hello guys , just downloaded the EasyChatCommands plugin and it just won't load
    It tells me

Failed to initialize plugin 'EasyChatCommands v0.1.0' (NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object)
    Unloaded plugin Easy Chat Commands v0.1.0 by Jake
    No previous version to rollback plugin: EasyChatCommands

I'm pretty new of making a Rust Server so I don't know what it really means..
    Thanks
    James.

2. What am i doing wrong? EasyChatCommands.png

3. Wulf

Wulf Community Admin

Remove the / in front of all of the commands you are adding.

4. Does not work at home
    [DOUBLEPOST=1489127850][/DOUBLEPOST]This does not create the EasyChatCommands.json.
    Can you update it thanks

Attached Files:

5. I think it might be generating a data file instead of a config file, can you check for that file in the data folder?

6. I found and modify the text in the data folder but nothing appears on the screen.
    [DOUBLEPOST=1489143763][/DOUBLEPOST]Nothing happens that it must make thanks

"ExampleMessage1": "<color=orange>Pour cree un clan tapez /clan help.</color>",
    "ExampleMessage2": "<color=orange>Pour changer de viseur tapez F5.</color>",
    "ExampleMessage3": "<color=red>Il est interdit d’insulter.</color>",
    "ExampleMessage4": "<color=red>Il est interdit de mettre un lien vers un site sur le chat ou dans un pseudo.</color>",
    "ExampleMessage5": "<color=red>Il est interdit de cheater ou de profiter des fails du jeu. (Dans ce cas, une enquête sera menée et un ban pour le cheater.)</color>",
    "ExampleMessage6": "<color=red>Il est interdit de prendre possession d'une base.</color>",
    "ExampleMessage7": "<color=red>Dans un raid, il est interdit de détruire les coffres sauf avec un lock, prenez ce dont vous avez besoin et partez !</color>",
    "ExampleMessage8": "<color=red>Il est interdit de casser les sacs de couchages lors de raids.</color>",
    "ExampleMessage9": "<color=red>Il est interdit de bloquer un joueur chez lui.</color>",
    "ExampleMessage10": "<color=red>Lors d’un raid, il est interdit de détruire complètement la base ennemie.</color>"

7. Make sure the contents of the data file is still valid json (which you can validate here: JSONLint - The JSON Validator. ) When you have verified that it is valid save the file and then reload the plugin. Keep in mind that the plugin creates a command that displays some text and does not display messages in chat at "random" times. So in your example you are adding the commands `ExampleMessage1`, `ExampleMessage2`, etc. etc. which will then show the message when executed.

If you want messages to be displayed automatically at an interval you might want to have a look at these plugins:
    GUI Announcements for Rust | Oxide
    AutoBroadcast | Oxide

8. Do you edit the .cs file because I dont have the .json file for it?

9. It should be creating a json file in the data folder when you load the plugin for the first time.

10. It didnt create a json file

11. Wulf

Wulf Community Admin

Check your oxide/logs for errors and make sure the plugin is loaded.

12. Just a Note, plugin doesnt have ResourceID set:
    "[Updater] Couldn't check for updates of following plugins as they have no ResourceID set: Easy Chat Commands"
    Updater ----> Updater | Oxide

13. I get this
    17:46 [Info] Loaded plugin Easy Chat Commands v0.1.0 by Jake
    17:46 [Info] [Easy Chat Commands] WARNING: Plugin first loaded, edit EasyChatCommands.json with your chat commands!
    17:46 [Info] [Easy Chat Commands] Loaded Chat Commands

14. Does anyone have a cfg file they can post that has an example of how to set up a /help command? I wanna be able to make it so people can see command shortcuts such as /kits and /q type of thing. Any help would be appreciate :)

15. hi I'm new to easy chat commands bud I want to create a command /admin "reason" send a message to admin is there a code that sends auto message to a player when players use the command and how do I create this command and is it possible to create this command with the plugin easy chat commands

any one that can help me :)

16. is there any way of adding " in the text i want to display? e.g. "rules": "this is "my" rules",
    never mind, i figured it out :) used doubbel ' ' signs instead

Last edited by a moderator: Apr 21, 2017
  17. Wulf

Wulf Community Admin

In JSON, you escape " with \ when you're inside other quotation marks.

18. Hi, I'm new to hosting a Rust server but I'm having an issue with EasyChatCommands. It's seems that it's not loading for some reason. After looking through here and seeing Wulf mention to check the logs, I found the following:

06:40 [Info] [Easy Chat Commands] ERROR: Config file is formatted incorrectly! EasyChatCommands are NOT LOADED!!!
    06:40 [Info] [Easy Chat Commands] Exeption:
    06:40 [Info] [Easy Chat Commands] Newtonsoft.Json.JsonReaderException: Additional text encountered after finished reading JSON content: {. Path '', line 6, position 0.
    at Newtonsoft.Json.JsonTextReader.Read () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
    at Newtonsoft.Json.Serialization.JsonSerializerInternalReader.Deserialize (Newtonsoft.Json.JsonReader reader, System.Type objectType, Boolean checkAdditionalContent) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
    06:40 [Error] Failed to initialize plugin 'EasyChatCommands v0.1.0' (NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object)
    06:40 [Stacktrace] at Oxide.Plugins.EasyChatCommands.Loaded () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
    at Oxide.Plugins.EasyChatCommands.DirectCallHook (System.String name, System.Object& ret, System.Object[] args) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
    at Oxide.Plugins.CSharpPlugin.InvokeMethod (HookMethod method, System.Object[] args) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
    at Oxide.Core.Plugins.CSPlugin.OnCallHook (System.String name, System.Object[] args) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
    at Oxide.Plugins.CSharpPlugin.HandleAddedToManager (Oxide.Core.Plugins.PluginManager manager) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
    06:40 [Info] Unloaded plugin Easy Chat Commands v0.1.0 by Jake
    06:40 [Info] No previous version to rollback plugin: EasyChatCommands

Am I not doing something right and therefore it's not loading correctly? Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thank you in advance.

19. Wulf

Wulf Community Admin

Your config file is not formatted properly and isn't valid JSON. When editing it, make sure it has commas where it should and such and that " are escaped if inside of other ". You can check using a site such as jsonlint.com.

20. Does this plugin not work with modded set to false?