Universal Day/night length

Discussion in 'Plugin Requests' started by nidaren, May 31, 2015.

1. Hello Everyone,

I wanted to ask if someone has figured a way to alter/change the duration of the night and day respectively on RoK's dedicated server - similar to how the Day & Night System plugin does it for Rust Experimental ?

Thanks for any tips!

2. I need a plugin that would be the day went long, and the night less

3. You can also put these in your server.cfg.
    Code:
    env.daylength #
    env.nightlength #
    //Simply replace # with however many minutes you want your day/night to be.

4. Did you solve it Dima1809?

5. No, it did not happen.

6. Those commands were found in a dev blog, just do what I said.

7. are you familiar with your server.cfg file? If yes, just on two new lines add Kappasaurus' commands. Then save and restart your server.

8. Those variables do not exist:
    Code:
    env.daylength
    env.nightlength
    This can be only changed by extra coding (= plugins)

9. Odd, I found them on the wiki, apparently they were from a dev blog. :(

This isn't where I found them, but they're listed here. Server Commands - Play Rust Wiki

10. Might have been taken from legacy ;)

11. Likely, my bad.
    EDIT: They're for sure from legacy.

12. I was using TimeManager for this, but for some reason I cannot view the page anymore. Is there another way to change the day and night lengths? Thanks for any help!

13. I tired that thread with no response, not sure if this plugin even works anymore. For some reason I cannot view the page. heres the config files but not the .cs files.

Hurtworld_Plugin_TimeManager_Config.rar

14. You can't view the page because the author can no longer or will no longer maintain it. That is the unmaintained thread, where users may post fixed versions.

15. Hello all, I am trying to find a way to change the Lenght of the day/night time in HurtWorld. I know you can change it to a specific time with the game console but I am trying to make a permanent change. (for example 60min day 45 min night.) any help will be appreciated TY.

16. you need the timemanager plugin.... it's one of the oldest ones but still works.

17. gotcha ty for the reply cap