1. Wulf

Wulf Community Admin

This thread is a continuation/refresh of CSharp compiler crashes | Oxide.

We're still working to find out what is causing this for some users. So far we haven't been able to reproduce the issue, but we're thinking it may be system specific. If you could, please post the operating system you are using on your server. If you don't know, please contact your host and then let us know.

Please post the OS used and upload ("Upload a File button") the latest oxide/logs. Do not simply say "same here" or similar. The issue is not with specific plugins, but in order to properly reproduce it, we need the information I requested above. Any posts not containing this information will be removed.

Last edited: Feb 22, 2016
  2. Windows 7

Wasn't sure which ones you needed, so i uploaded all of the recent ones (minus the notifier_connections) since this problem started. Let me know if i can do anything else to help.

Attached Files:

3. Wulf

Wulf Community Admin

Those work. Are you able to try the compiler attached in the first post as well?

4. Just did, it seems to have fixed it. I did get the following errors/warnings. Not sure if they mean anything
    Code:
    [9/20/2015 2:17:54 PM] [Oxide] 2:17 PM [Warning] Ignored obsolete game extension reference 'Oxide.Ext.Rust' in plugin 'Give'
    [9/20/2015 2:18:06 PM] [AmplifyColor] This image effect is not supported on this platform. Please make sure your Unity license supports Full-Screen Post-Processing Effects which is usually reserved forn Pro licenses.
    [9/20/2015 2:18:58 PM] TimeWarning: Spawning assets/bundled/prefabs/npc/animals/chicken_corpse.prefab took 0.36 seconds (361ms)
    [9/20/2015 2:19:07 PM] [Oxide] 2:19 PM [Warning] CallHook 'OnServerInitialized' on plugin 'Build v1.0.25' took: 6567ms
    [9/20/2015 2:19:07 PM] [Oxide] 2:19 PM [Warning] [Stack Size Controller] Updating configuration file with new values.
    9/20/2015 2:17:54 PM] [Oxide] 2:17 PM [Error] Error while compiling Clans.cs(398,36): error CS0200: Property or indexer `BasePlayer.displayName' cannot be assigned to (it is read-only)
    [9/20/2015 2:19:07 PM] [Oxide] 2:19 PM [Error] Failed to call hook 'OnServerInitialized' on plugin 'RustBugFixes v1.0.0' (NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object)
    [9/20/2015 2:19:08 PM] [Oxide] 2:19 PM [Error] Rust:IO: Failed checking for update (Exception: download failed)
    EDIT- Restarted server, same errors and warnings as above but nothing in regards to CSharpCompiler. the new file seems to have fixed it.

2nd EDIT- In game now, connected fine, all plugins seem to work

Last edited by a moderator: Sep 21, 2015
  5. THANK YOU WULF!!!!!!!! The new compiler fixed it, I was having the same errors. So frustrating!! All plugins load and work correctly now.

6. Wulf

Wulf Community Admin

The Clans error you can fix by updating it to the one provided in its thread. The Oxide.Ext.Rust errors you can fix by removing that from the first line of any plugin that gives you that. The RustBugFixes likely isn't even needed anymore, but feel free to report the full error in its thread. The Rust:IO one is likely just a hiccup with its site. The rest are just Rust warnings.
    [DOUBLEPOST=1442795962][/DOUBLEPOST]
    Glad to hear it! Thanks for the report.

7. How do i find the csharo directory 2 change the files can u tell me wich files 2 change (because theres 2) and where can i find the files
    [DOUBLEPOST=1442805387][/DOUBLEPOST]
    Im renting a server so what do i do?

8. Wulf

Wulf Community Admin

We'll have a snapshot up tonight soon that you'll be able to install via your host's control panel.

9. How long i already got 1 chargeback :( i lost 40+ ppl and its a big hit for me i prob lost so many ppl :(

10. Wulf

Wulf Community Admin

I'm sorry to hear that. This is a volunteer project, but we work on getting fixes out as soon as we're able. I don't have a definite time, though I will post when one is available and likely make a release with it after testing a bit.

11. Obviously i cant blame u i have 2 kiss ur feet and thank you. But can u give me an average? Can i test a beta?

12. Wulf

Wulf Community Admin

The latest snapshots should be available with your host now. You'll just need to shutdown the server, and re-install Oxide using their control panel.

13. Wulf

Wulf Community Admin

A few more snapshots have been pushed for testing. Please test them and let us know if there are any issues. I'll be releasing a build once they have been tested a bit more.

14. Just chiming in to tell you I have this issue as well. I'll post logs tonight. Basically each time I restart the server about 75% of my plugins don't load and I need to manually load them one by one. Kinda annoying :)

15. Wulf

Wulf Community Admin

It should already be fixed in the Oxide snapshots. As I said, it's not related to specific plugins, it was a compiler issue.

16. I hadn't had any issues with this until i tried to install the Build plugin. I get the error when i try to load the plugin.

17. Wulf

Wulf Community Admin

We can't really help without any actual information. Also, update to Oxide 2.0.1401+ if not already.

18. error correction upon update. ignore this.

Last edited by a moderator: Sep 24, 2015
  19. Hello Wulf,
    i have also problem with C# compiler on my server.

Sometimes when server is starting, the C# compiler is hanging (using 10% cpu for long time, without any progress).
    Then if I manually kill the C# process in the task manager, the process is automatically restarted and does its work without hanging.

I am not getting any error messages when it is hanging, i dont know what is cause. But i can always resolve it by manually killing the C# process in the task manager.

Please note that this issue is not only existing when server starts up. It sometimes happens when server is already runing and I change my mod... When it is supposed to compile the code, it may hang instead (in infinite loop maybe).

I will try the C# compiler from the zip file you uploaded, and will let you know if the issue will be resolved by this.

If you want me to upload any log, or PC specs, just let me know what you need.

Last edited by a moderator: Sep 24, 2015