ColouredNames

Moved

Total Downloads: 4,813 - First Release: Sep 30, 2015 - Last Update: Mar 29, 2017

5/5, 13 likes
  1. Does it work with BetterChat?

2. Yeah i'm wondering the same thing, does this work with BetterChat ?

3. I have no idea, go ahead and try it.

4. It seems to change the color but this is what happens. http://i.imgur.com/3fOdCrh.png 2 chat text's appear when you type in chat.

Can you fix it ?

Last edited by a moderator: Nov 22, 2016
  5. if you fix that issue i may consider using it

6. Wulf

Wulf Community Admin

Are you using multiple plugins that change the chat?

7. I'm using betterchat, i read that it happens when you have the plugin betterchat installed, but is there a way around it ?

8. Wulf

Wulf Community Admin

Why use both? BetterChat already offers colored names for groups. There isn't any way to use both without adding support in one of the other for the other plugin.

9. The reason i want to use this plugin because the players have the option to choose there color, is it possible to do that with betterchat ?

can they change it with a chat command using betterchat ?

10. Found a bug, when players have a color assigned to them, their chats don't show in any remote console like RCON.

11. Are you using RustAdmin? If so, which tab are you using?

12. PsychoTea updated ColouredNames with a new update entry:

13. Thought about adding proper storage so that it doesn't reset colours after server restart and whatnot?

14. Colours are already saved.

15. coloured names works on one server but not the other. I've taken it out and put it back with new loaded one. But i still get 2 names showing in Chat instead of one ! Do you know why ???
    [DOUBLEPOST=1484093470][/DOUBLEPOST]I have the same plugins on both !
    Worked fine until last 2 updates

16. It doesn't matter what tab the player's messages don't show up but no worries, i figured out it's not just this plugin, i unloaded it and installed BetterChat instead and it does the same thing. for some reason if any names get modified in the game, their chat doesn't show on the RCON.

17. It's due to the method that RustAdmin uses to capture chat messages, you have to use a fairly specific function for it to work properly. I pushed an update yesterday which fixed it so it should work now.

You're probably running two chat modification plugins (eg BetterChat and this). It will only work with one installed due to the nature of Oxide/Rust chat.

18. Thank you.

19. I'm having a hard time getting the update to work. It keeps saying that Permission doesnt exist.

20. (08:20:17) | Permission 'colourednames.use' doesn't exist
    [DOUBLEPOST=1484400599][/DOUBLEPOST]Found it to be colourednames.colouredName