1. I am guessing the same thing here. I will throw this in a bug report directly to the devs then. I figured I'd try here first to be sure it is not a plugin / oxide issue. Thanks!

2. Wulf

Wulf Community Admin

Well, the issue is that the game wouldn't trigger it by itself, as you can't use color codes in the chat and such normally. I think the issue is with color codes being somehow split up, so they end up as not being valid color codes.

3. Problem chat

Attached Files:

4. A big issue has been players inserting tags into their Steam names. Tags will be stripped out of names in a coming patch.

5. Sometimes chat bug with only code line like this photo Screenshot .And sometimes cant type on chat anyone know how to fix it ? I'm using Betterchat plugin

6. This would be awesome if it can be fixed, if its up to the dev i am sure this wont be on his priority list

7. The developers will have something to do with this problem? @Wulf

8. I have this problem too.

9. What plugins are you guys using that inserts colors into the chat text?

10. Teleportation, Kits, Welcome Messages, Inventory Manager, Help, Private Message, PlayerList, adverts

11. I am guessing that the way how the game wraps the chat messages is the problem. So they color tags or split up between the lines. I have an idea for temporarely fixing this by editing my plugins.

12. i've got betterchat, and once i use the tp commands it fck up my chat :
    [​IMG]

13. I Have same Problem :(

14. Naz

Naz

anyone solved this problem?
    thanks

15. still happens, all the time, hurtworld devs think it is caused by oxide.

16. Wulf

Wulf Community Admin

It isn't directly caused by Oxide, but it happens only with Oxide as it allows sending color codes in the chat messages, vanilla Hurtworld doesn't aside from the very first part in the name prefix.

Pretty sure it's caused by the client's chat splitting up messages, which breaks the HTML formatting in Unity when it wraps the text to a new line. Oxide can't control how the Hurtworld client handles color codes, so I don't think it's something we can easily fix without blocking colors entirely from chat messages over X length or manually sending an entirely new message for each line of text instead of allowing the client to wrap it.

To sum it up, Oxide doesn't do anything other than sending the message, the handling is all done by the game and Unity.

17. ah i see, well i will just remove coloring from all the plugins i use! thanks