Universal Chat channels

Discussion in 'Plugin Requests' started by PaiN, Mar 28, 2015.

1. Okay so on my servers i have russian and english players .. the english players have problems with russian letters so.. is there a possibility to make one more chat ? like if a russian types /r he will change to russian Chat if /eng to english..

I think its too hard lets see

2. just sketch, it's pseudocode :)

Code:
        public class Chats : RustPlugin
        {
            private Dictionary< string , object > PlayersChat
            {
                get { return (Dictionary< string , object >) Config[ "PlayersChat" ]; }
            }        private object OnPlayerChat ( ConsoleSystem.Arg arg )
            {
                var name = arg.Player().net.connection.username;            if ( PlayersChat.ContainsKey( name ) )
                {
                    SendToChat( (ChatType) PlayersChat[ name ] , arg.Args[ 0 ] );
                    return false;
                }            return null; //or false , or eny defolt chat
            }        public void SendToChat ( ChatType ct , string msg )
            {
                var players = from p in BasePlayer.activePlayerList
                              where (ChatType) PlayersChat[ p.net.connection.username ] == ct select p;            foreach ( var player in players ) SendReply( player , msg );
            }
        }    public enum ChatType
        {
            Ru ,
            En
        }

3. Wulf

Wulf Community Admin

The closest you could get would be chat channels, basically toggling the chat to only show the chat for the language each user selects. There wouldn't be a way to make a new chat box.

4. Yeah just make chat channels like cb-radio xD but... can someone do it for me ? i dont know how to code but i'm learning

5. Chatrooms
    The plugin I'm suggesting is basically all about the chat. Due to the fact that there are lots of german, russian and other language speaking players out there, I think we should make it more simple for them to talk in their native languages, when the server requires English in main chat.
    Yes, there are the group plugins and Private message plugin, but I think we can make it even more simple for the users. Instead of having to write custom index in-front of every message the write, we should be able to simply toggle the chat room beforehand.

Examples:
    /chat list - Displays all available chatrooms on the server and the players inside them.
    /chat create name password(optional) - Creates new chatroom.
    /chat join name - Joins specific chatroom.
    /chat leave - Returns to public chat.
    /chat - Displays all chatroom commands

Every time you write the message, there will also be chatroom prefix in front of your name. If you are not in any of them, then you simple won't have any chatroom prefix.

Pros:
    • Keep main chat for English.
    • Easier for non-English speakers to talk to each other (without having to put chat indexes in front of every message they submit).

Cons:
    • The need to toggle the chat mode, if they can speak English as well.

6. CHR

CHR

Ich sag einfach Hello again,

Im running a Server with the Tag [EU] so [EU] means russians wanna come and occupie the Server, like in reallife, Ivan dosnt makes vacations he Comes to occupie a Country.

Nevermind i like the russians but i dont like their letters but i dont wanna Regionblock them.

So i thought how would it be to give them their own Chatroom. I know there is Rust.io Clans but not all russians on the Server are in the same clan.

My thought is like that.

Make a plugin that creates a additional open Chatroom for players like russians. The users have to do eg /j chat
    Now this user can see the normal Chat and the /j Chat. you only can write in the /j Chat if u use a command infront of it like the /c command in rustioclans.
    So i would be able to say use this Chatroom for russians. So the normal People dont get pissed off by the letters they made.

I think its a good method.

Request request request!

7. I think its possible like RustIO Clans .. .just copy the code and add some more features

8. Another idea : Make a command that hides messages with certain characters(for ex Russian lang) for players who do not want to see them. It will be like chatrooms, but without rooms xD

9. CHR

CHR

Also good idea yes. But for me I just need a additional chatroom. Can't be that hard. I can't script

10. Hello, i was wondering if anyone could create a plugin for a local chat for rust experimental.
    I do understand that there was a local chat in Rust Legacy, however i have yet to see a local chat for Experimental. It would be a great thing to have for RP servers, or just servers who don't want to have just a global/group/private messaging. Thanks for taking the time to look at this.

11. server.globalchat false ?

12. how did that solve anything :p

He meant that only people with in a radius can see what your writing in chat . With the new gui would be cool to see to option under chat saying local and Global .and you choose where you want to write

13. Exactly what OldRed said. A chat option that shows chat in a certain radius. And possibly it could be with the GUI or a chat command like /local or /l while still being able to have global chat. Would be nice to have a choice between global and local instead of one or the other.

Last edited by a moderator: Aug 3, 2015
  14. I was working on a Chat Channels plugin. Ill se if I pick it back up.

15. I've been on a server run by Calytic and he has a custom chat. He added a way for clans to /ally with each other... And then you can type /a to chat with your alliances

I would greatly like to see a plugin made for chat channels, especially so I can talk to my admins privately without having to be in the same clan or opening up the steam ui lol.

16. Well that one is glitchy. It doesn't show the last message sent until someone else says something... And then it overlaps with the chat.

Honestly I would prefer it in-line like how the clans /c chat is.

17. It was too. The extra text chat was an experiment. I may remove it again.

18. I like it with the extra chat area but needs to be able to move it cause I have other gui's in the way... And could use some touch ups