1. Running on Ubuntu 16.04 and always using your master branch

Im sorry, the logs do not contain anything else than
    Code:
    [Oxide] 20:41 [Error] InfoPanel plugin failed to compile!
    [Oxide] 20:41 [Error] Compiler disconnected.
    I´m not sure if I can maker oxide more verbose here? But it´s just the (hot)reload via console that has this issue - when the server boots up all addons work normally.

2. Wulf

Wulf Community Admin

The error is basically saying that it couldn't communicate with the compiler, either from the compiler being prematurely closed or it not fully starting. Generally it's either a permission or dependency issue if on Linux, or potentially security software if on Windows.

3. When the server tries to run .cs file plugins it has an issue with the compiler but the lua plugins on the server work fine

4. Ok, thank you, I´ll try fidding around with the Linux version and the dependencies and report back if I manage to change the situation :) It´s just a minor nusiance, since everything works perfectly fine on server reboot. Thank you and keep it up <3

5. Wulf

Wulf Community Admin

Yes, because the CSharp extension is not loading, as I mentioned. Lua plugins do not use the compiler. Until the either missing dependency is resolved or other issue is fixed, .cs plugins won't compiler and therefore won't load. As far as I know those are the only causes and it's generally resolved when corrected.

6. Could you expand on the 'other issue is fixed'.
    Also, could you give me the package ID to apt-get just to make sure im installing the correct one?

Could you assist?

Last edited by a moderator: Jun 19, 2016
  7. Wulf

Wulf Community Admin

All I know is what I've given so far. I'd recommend checking in your OS repository for libgc6 and glibc.

8. Check the plugins' config and data files with JSONLint.com, tends to help.

9. Wulf

Wulf Community Admin

Plugins are failing to compile due to the compiler not working properly, not from corrupt data/config files. See the logs.

10. @Kappa 3 what would I/ My host be checking for?

11. Could I get the package ID's, as there isn't an exact package called libgc6, just libc6-i386.
    And for glibc it is: eglibc-source

12. Wulf

Wulf Community Admin

Config/data files are not the issue.

libc6-i386

13. Wulf

Wulf Community Admin

Then the only other possible cause for "Compiler disconnected" would be filesystem permissions/ownership if the dependencies are being found.

14. When you say the file system permissions/ownership, would that be of the Rust game files, or the OS files?

15. Wulf

Wulf Community Admin

CSharpCompiler and all Oxide related files should be set to the same owner as the one running the server. All of the DLLs would need to be readable that the compiler uses as well, mainly the Oxide.Ext.CSharp.dll and other Oxide DLLs.

16. Do the reboot of the machine. I'm pretty sure it would solve it. I've had similar issues.

17. I did last night, and it didn't @maxiki

18. I'm currently going to check the files permissions. I will respond with further information shortly.

19. I believe the issue was the file permissions, as the Oxide files were unzipped by the ROOT, where the files were generated by the user.