--- layout: forums title: 'BetterChat | Page 198' breadcrumbs: > - "Plugin Support": "/forums/plugin-support.31/" ---

BetterChat

Moved

Total Downloads: 26,200 - First Release: Apr 21, 2015 - Last Update: Jan 12, 2018

4.9898/5, 98 likes
  1. Hi Laser,

Just wanted to ask, with your recent changes I see that you have removed a few of your APIs, I just wanted to ask if they are coming back in at all, I ask this as my PvX titles are broken at this time because I can not Add/Remove/Check players for PvE and PvP.

Thanks

2. so, updated with Laser's new RustIO:Clans plugin and the latest and greatest 5.0.3 Better Chat. Was tryiing to do the /chat commands as shown in the main page and i get this:

(11:03:30) | Failed to run command 'chat' on plugin 'BetterChat v5.0.3' (InvalidOperationException: Operation is not valid due to the current state of the object)

(11:03:30) | at System.Linq.Enumerable.First[KeyValuePair`2] (IEnumerable`1 source, System.Func`2 predicate, Fallback fallback) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0

at System.Linq.Enumerable.First[KeyValuePair`2] (IEnumerable`1 source, System.Func`2 predicate) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0

at Oxide.Plugins.BetterChat.CmdChat (IPlayer player, System.String cmd, System.String[] args) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0

at (wrapper managed-to-native) System.Reflection.MonoMethod:InternalInvoke (object,object[],System.Exception&)

at System.Reflection.MonoMethod.Invoke (System.Object obj, BindingFlags invokeAttr, System.Reflection.Binder binder, System.Object[] parameters, System.Globalization.CultureInfo culture) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0

not sure what i am doing wrong.

3. hmm so i started a new server after a few months because i wanted to play hurtworld again but the plugin betterchat is the one that confuse me alot if i setup ranks its gives me [player] [admin] [owner] Username, i fixed this earlyer but its to long ago that i cant remember it the only thing i know is that you need to fix it in the config heres my config ------------------
    [
    {
    "GroupName": "default",
    "Priority": 0,
    "Title": {
    "Text": "[Player]",
    "Color": "#55aaff",
    "Size": 15,
    "Hidden": false,
    "HiddenIfNotPrimary": true
    },
    "Username": {
    "Size": 15
    },
    "Message": {
    "Color": "white",
    },
    "Format": {
    "Chat": "{Title} {Username}: {Message}",
    "Console": "{Title} {Username}: {Message}"
    }
    },
    {
    "GroupName": "owner",
    "Text": "[owner]",
    },
    },
    },
    }
    },
    {
    "GroupName": "admin",
    "Text": "[admin]",
    },
    },
    },
    }
    },
    {
    "GroupName": "moderator",
    "Text": "[moderator]",
    },
    },
    },
    }
    },
    {
    "GroupName": "co_owner",
    "Text": "[co_owner]",
    },
    },
    },
    }
    }
    ]

4. Your Priority are wrong set them
    owner = 0
    co_owner = 1
    admin = 2
    moderator = 3
    default = 4

5. ok, on 5.0.3, using LaserHydra's rustio:clans update and clans arent showing up, and not readily finding an answer in either forum thread.
    posting relevant configs.

and.... yes i know my group numbers are weird...
    [DOUBLEPOST=1484143912][/DOUBLEPOST]and now this, am i missing soemthing?

(15:11:09) | [Better Chat] Error when trying to get third-party title from plugin 'Oxide.Plugins.Clans'

System.NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object

at Oxide.Plugins.Clans.GetColoredClanTag (IPlayer player) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0

at Oxide.Plugins.BetterChat+ChatGroup.FormatMessage (IPlayer player, System.String message) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0

Attached Files:

6. With the newest version of better chat how do i make it show peoples clan tag

7. There is no need for those, you can add them to the oxide groups with the same name, as betterchat now mostly works with those.

8. OK, thanks

Last edited by a moderator: Jan 11, 2017
  9. i found a way to show clan member tag i just copie the groups file located \oxide\data\BetterChat
    into the betterchat.json visit my server ;)
    My Rust server's map - Rust:IO

grettings JangoFett

10. I'm having a issue when players connect to server it auto add to the default group but the problem is that players are showing like this https://i.gyazo.com/56fbad17fe91c283878240f78302b8c6.pngc , with the config that i have it should be showing the playaer name in green color and without tags this is my config
    Code:
    {% raw %}
    [
      {
        "GroupName": "default",
        "Priority": 4,
        "IgnoreOtherGroups": false,
          "Color": "",
          "Text": ""
        },
        "PlayerName": {
          "Color": "#99ff99"
        },
          "Color": "white"
        },
        "Formatting": {
          "Console": "{Title} {Name}: {Message}",
          "Chat": "{Title} {Name}: {Message}"
        }
      },
    {% endraw %}
    i try using the command /chat user remove {username} default and this command fix the issue , but when a new player come the plugin should add that player to the default group and use my config.

11. you need delete the last "c" on your picture link ;)

12. You are using the old plugin groups file there

13. As Resistance said, your groups file is not up to date and also emptying the title and color doesn't hide it. There is a "Hidden" option right above, which you just need to set to true.

14. Better Chat removes the clan tag for the clans plugin any way of fixing this thanks

Last edited by a moderator: Jan 12, 2017
  15. well after playing a little with the plugin , fix by himself

16. Messed up clan tags and alot more tags. Reverted back to old plugin

17. I can't add people to groups or remove them from groups, despite being in the list, it simply says, ">Name< does not exist." This update has messed up a lot of group colours and such.

18. Ok every since the new updates the batter chat isnt showing clan tags in chat. Just curious if this a problem on my side only, I am useing Rust:io clans.

19. Update Rust:IO (Update was posted by Hydra within the last few pages) - BetterChat no longer manages clan tags.
    [DOUBLEPOST=1484277560][/DOUBLEPOST]
    It's best to write the whole error line, as name usually refers to a player. There may be a problem with duplicate names? Try using there 64 ID numbers instead.

20. i remofed everything with the betterchat, and was starting over again...and now it wont make a folder ion Oxide/data anymore...is that supposed to happen? i have no idea how to do this anymore :S if someone can jump in and help me for a wuick min or 2 on my server and help me, cuz this is over my head atm :( and i just made a new player to mod, and we wanna fix this, and we both do not understand how to do this :O help?`^^