--- layout: forums title: 'BetterChat | Page 197' breadcrumbs: > - "Plugin Support": "/forums/plugin-support.31/" ---

BetterChat

Moved

Total Downloads: 26,200 - First Release: Apr 21, 2015 - Last Update: Jan 12, 2018

4.9898/5, 98 likes
  1. yea its working now the probleem was

"Format": {
    "Chat": "{Title} {Username}: {Message}",
    "Console": "{Title} {Username}: {Message}"

"Format": {
    "Chat": "{Title} {NAME}: {Message}",
    "Console": "{Title} {NAME}: {Message}"

NAME = Username

2. Anti-flood is in .cfg Edit: Oh it was removed?

3. im sorry, im still having issues. I have deletes the BetterChat.json in the oxide/config and reloaded I followed the directions to take the groups.json and rename it to BetterChat.json and save it in oxide/data
    am i missing something? again ty for all the patience with me

4. upload all files you have for this plugin

5. thank you, I just renamed the ones that were in config folder the other one is from oxide/data

Attached Files:

6. Have you deleted the oxide/data/BetterChat folder if no then delete it and you dont seem to have a admin group if you want can add one

7. wouldnt that delete all my players?
    ok awesome ill try to add admin group ^_^

8. upload this to your data folder and you need to delete that folder its not being used any more. Once you upload it delete the config and and the file in the lang folder then reload the plugin

Attached Files:

9. okay now the groups are not displaying property, i see it says that i am admin but im the server owner...i just chose not to display my tag..however i have VIP tags and none of them are displaying as also none of the clan tags =\

10. You need to create a group called owner, along VIP's as that .json replaced any settings you had. You'll also need to reassign VIP's their groups.

11. I want to thank both of you very much, I was finally able to fix it after looking through the json like dream said; if anyone has this problem. You need to set the default group to hidden:true!

thank you very much again @Dream 5 and @Resistance I owe you both a beer / joint!

Dank On bros!
    -el squanchito!

12. It was all Resistance, throw his post a like or 10!

The problems everyone was experiencing was becuase the string names have changed, alongside the way it's coded: Good resource: Diff Checker. LaserHydra did tell us, however a few people missed his posts.

• "PlayerName" with "Username"
    • and
    • "Formatting" with "Format"
    • and
    • "HideIfNotHighestPriority" with "HiddenIfNotPrimary"

• Filename and location changed. Data>BetterChat is no longer located in a BetterChat folder and is just a free man in the data file.

--- To make it apparently clear regardings clans and the developers of any forms of clan plugins will have to update their plugins in-order for the clan tags to be functioning.

13. Thank you :)

14. AntiFlood will be re-added once I get to it. Same for word filter etc.

15. Okay, thx=) I'm waiting

16. Would someone with any coding knowledge be able to update Rust:IO clans? I think the Author is inactive.

17. Just FYI for everyone: Rust: IO Clans was updated today by Hydra, however he's attached the document close to the last few pages as he's not the plugin owner.

18. LaserHydra updated Better Chat with a new update entry:

19. LaserHydra updated Better Chat with a new update entry: